VF48Hours Forum

Forum > Posts by Calvin Sang

Posts by Calvin Sang

Calvin Sang
Since: May 2011

Posters!

Our editor Rob chucked this together quickly.

Calvin Sang

How did you find your Genre's and the elements for 2018

Genres all seemed super fun, and although I was nervous that we'd get musical - I was less so because we already did it last year.

We ended up with Splatstick, which pushed us in a very different direction than normal, but I'm really happy how it turned out.

Elements were pretty easily integrated into the story without much difficulty. I think the challenge will be to see who did it in more original and creative ways.

We also did Ultra, which we found much better than last year. I think there was definitely some confusion about how many of your main characters needed to be children/animals, but I think we approached this in a pretty creative way.

Calvin Sang

Reflection?

Our team is PickleThugs, we got the extra 48 minutes. We ended up not needing it at all and were at the hand in before 7pm anyway. But it was good knowing we had some extra time in case traffic was bad!

I felt like there wasn't any major curveballs this year either. No elements that were too crazy to incorporate.

The comp definitely felt smaller in Auckland this year though. I think it's about 2/3 of the size.

Calvin Sang

Film composer available

Any previous work you can link to?

Calvin Sang

Want music?

Hey, can you post a link to any previous work that you've composed?

Calvin Sang

Auckland Finals Seating Allocated?

Noooooo, allocated!
I think most teams will have members who bought tickets separately (it also puts a 10 ticket limit on the amount you can buy).
If it's allocated, it looks like teams will be spread out all over the place.

Calvin Sang

Cheers

Calvin Sang

AUCKLAND AUDIENCE FAVOURITES

Wooohh. Thanks everyone that voted =)

Calvin Sang

Heya,

Is the Auckland Finals seating going to be allocated or general admission this year? By the looks of the Tickitek site, it gives you a seat number.

But I remember last year (for the grand final, anyway), seating was supposed to be GA even though the website said allocated.

Can someone please clear this up?

Cheers.

Calvin Sang

48Hours theme song?

Not a serious question or anything, but just wondering what the song that plays at all the heats and on all the DVD menus is called... Does anyone know?

Is it a song that is especially made for the competition? It's quite catchy... =)

Thanks

Calvin Sang

AUCKLAND FINAL 2011 - AWARDS

Fantastic night! So many amazing films, it was an honour to be a part of it =) Thank you so much! Congrats to Grand Cheval, I knew you guys would win it!

Thanks again

Calvin Sang

Camera(s) used for V48hr - 2011

Canon 60D with 18-135mm and a 50mm f1.8 lens.

Calvin Sang

Rules Question

Loads of teams usually have slight variations of it like "This film was made in the 48 Hours film competition 2011" or something, and I haven't heard of anyone getting DQ'd because of it.

Calvin Sang

AUDIENCE VOTES AUCKLAND - UPDATING NIGHTLY

I know the city finalists are announced on the 3rd (for AK), but does that include other awards like make up, teen team, best bad film etc? When are they announced?

Cheers