VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by Jason Fitch

Posts by Jason Fitch

Jason Fitch
Since: May 2011

'HOUNDS' by the DownLowConcept

Good luck chaps!

Tivo is set for season record so will watch in the morning :)

Jason Fitch

What do actors think about this comp?

Generally us warm meat props like the 48 hour. It's a bit of chaos and there tends to be a bit more creative input in to the scripting etc... due to the time constraints.

Let alone the fact that the 48 hour film festival can really put actors through their paces just due to the fast crazy nature of the comp, like for me this year I had a 2:10 monologue to learn.

Unfortunately it does seem to be one of the things I find lacking in quite a few of the shorts. I guess it's just like the cinematographers sitting there cringing at bad shots, us actors are also sitting there cringing at bad actors ;)

Jason Fitch

2012 AUCKLAND V48 FINALISTS

Grats everyone!

And mad props to team Hybrid with 2 nomination nods :)

Jason Fitch

AUCKLAND AUDIENCE FAVOURITES

I have to say I stopped the 48 hour many years ago and only started back in the last few years, because of a group I was in (who thankfully don't exist or compete anymore) was instructed to vote for our film 1st and the worst one 2nd and the next worst one 3rd ... after actually doing what I was told like a good warm prop I just stopped playing.

But why not see how everyone is ranked? I don't really see much harm in it? But that's just my 2 cents ...

And maybe some of this is still Idol BS carry over ... I mean really America!? :P

Jason Fitch

in reply to brutallyhonest:

Ok so you disagree but then state that it happens and give examples of it occuring ... confusing much?

You have to always take Audience votes with a grain of salt, as well as reviews, because haters will always want to hate.

It just always amazes me when you walk out and overhear people bagging a film because they had 4 times the crew they did, they had better gear, better resources, etc... Not actually bagging the film ... just hating.

Thankfully 48 hour isn't just based around the audience vote.

But it always gives me the shits when you see films that have so many gaping holes in them reach the top 3 ... and it happens time and time again.

Perhaps if the exact count of votes were published we could actually see how many lamers throw away votes in order not to rate it honestly...

Just a thought.

Jason Fitch

I say ditch audience favorites. It is never a true accurate measure of the films, it is always flavored with personal bias, team stacking, and strategic voting. And the comments about the pro teams rising to the fore ... I have to disagree with that as I think some teams are discounted because they are more organized than others. If you want audience favorites to work then you need to have a large audience so that it can't be so severely influenced by biased viewers.

Jason Fitch

Mad props to heat 11 too! Great heat again guys. As always it's tough competition!

Jason Fitch

AUDIENCE VOTES AUCKLAND - UPDATING NIGHTLY

in reply to truthserum:

PS here is a hint.

If you are going to troll, don't tell everyone you are trolling.

Because as soon as you do you stop being a troll and then just a lame spammer.

Jason Fitch

in reply to truthserum:

The way forums work is that people read comments and respond fyi. The fact that 3 pages later he appologised didn't change the fact that I responded to his cyber cry.

At the end of the day heat 9 was tough and spot 3 could of gone a few ways in my opinion.

Jason Fitch

in reply to Michael Buhagiar:

Seriously? The Audience choice is where the audience picks who they liked ... so how did you feel let down or misinterpret this? At least 48 hour competition restricts the amount of people that can come along per team ... well as much as they can... so not sure why you are having a cyber cry over this!?

Personally I find it impossible to believe that Idiotvision wasn't the top choice of yours. It was by far the most well rounded film out of the bunch and they made the most out of having the limitations of one room.

What explanation are you wanting? Why the audience didn't vote for your film? Personally I liked aspects of your film but as a whole it wasn't even in my top 5. I did laugh at some of your jokes but the story itself was lacking and it most definitely had a few cringe moments!

Also I think you are missing the point that this isn't the 48hour comedy festival ... saying "entertaining" is the criteria you voted on is strange to say the least.

But each to there own.

Jason Fitch

Opinion's on hardest genre for 2011

Musical has always been the lemon and always will be.

It's fine if you are the talented Johnny Barker and your group gets it ... otherwise you are kinda screwed to compose something within the time constraints ...

Jason Fitch

How much money did you spend on your short?

in reply to mikedensem:

What a stupid question! Serioulsy!

Where did you get your locations? Crew? Actors? Equipement?

Same place as everyone else ... beg, borrow, or steal.

Any gripes about other teams spending more time sourcing equipment is nothing but sour grapes.

One year a team had a 747 ... I don't think anyone was crying about how much money that would cost another team to rent.

Jason Fitch

a quick note on Auckland Heat 9

Yeah have to say heat 9 blew my expectations completely out of the water. I knew there was some good teams in there but serioulsy great work by all!