Posts by EdAish

EdAish
Since: May 2011

City Finalist films in the screening room

Taranaki Runner Up...
http://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2014/taranaki/a-boaring-end/

Film Within a Film...

Rubber Soul Productions in conjunction with Pro-Vision Video & Advertising

2011 - Well Strung (Musical) - Audience Favourite | Regional Winner | Grand Finalist | Best Actor | Best Original Music
2012 - There for You (Musical) - Regional Finalist
2013 - Partners in Crime (Horror) - Regional Winner + Best Image & Sound | Best Original Song | Best Actor | Best Director
2014 - A Boaring End (Film Within A Film) - Regional RunnerUp + Best Cinematography | Best Actor | Best Original Song | Audience Favourite

EdAish

archival footage

In case it is a bit ambiguous above the definitive answer is - no

2011 - Well Strung (Musical) - Audience Favourite | Regional Winner | Grand Finalist | Best Actor | Best Original Music
2013 - Partners in Crime (Horror) - Regional Winner + Best Image & Sound | Best Original Song | Best Actor | Best Director
2014 - A Boaring End (Film Within A Film) - Regional RunnerUp + Best Cinematography | Best Actor | Best Original Song | Audience Favourite

EdAish

OK to post?

Yea that's how I understand it but - Any official word from the boss on this? Please.

EdAish

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

You don't even need to make a good ad if you have a good social network and can get people to vote you can win with 30 seconds of colour bars.

EdAish

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

If people want to enter this it is up to them - I produce TV Ads for a living and the production cost is the smallest part of it, if this works for them the are cutting out the biggest cost of all which is broadcasting - to get good coverage even paid advertising on youtube would cost them a bomb. A company of their size would spend between $100k & $500k absolute minimum to broadcast campaign like this so if the public get behind it and promote the ads the small amount they are giving away sure makes good business sense for them - would like the concept more if the ads were judged, the winner picked then they paid to have the ad broadcast / promoted etc rather than expecting the public to do everything for them... a little less exploitive - but hey no one is making anyone take part so really good on them for thinking out side the square I guess. I have run similar campaigns for national companies but have just been a little more subtle about it :)

EdAish

OK to post?

I know this has been asked dozens of times in dozens of different ways but just want to be clear... When can we post our short?

We came in runner up in the Taranaki final - have been told that we can post our film in the screening room now. Just triple checking before we do that it is correct and that we should do so?

EdAish

National Finalist Selection...

SloppyJoe - I think you need to just get over it, the judges decision is the judges decision! Don't takeaway from the pride that the winning team should feel coming away from the city final - whatever you think doesn't really matter and you should keep it to yourself not shout it out here.

Our team came away with runner up and we are proud of that and congratulations to all the other teams that came away with awards including the over all winner. GO THE NAKI!!

EdAish

Cameras 2014

Currently Shooting mostly on 5dmkiii (shot 99% of our short on 5dmkiii and sigma 35mm 1.4 art lens) and some GH3 will keep both and maybe look at adding GH4 or super interested in this if it reviews well: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursa

EdAish

The great 2014 Poster thread!

Here is Rubber Soul Productions poster...
Film Within A Film

EdAish

just curious...

It is awesome - spent loads of time trying different cameras and mounts etc wasted heaps of time - finally went with a cheap gyro and it is magic! I just have the original phantom so flight time isn't as good as the phantom 2 but the price is excellent and it is easy to fly - for me it is all down the the price/quality/risk balance which with this setup is great. Have friends with 10K copters and then you put 10K+ worth of camera gear on it the risk of damage is huge and insurance mostly would laugh at you if you tried to claim - but with my setup 1 if it crashes the weight means its not that likely to do much damage and the components including camera a cheap enough if you have to replace something.

Super easy to fly GPS keeps it controllable even in wind - great tool

EdAish

It's quiet. Too quiet.

Man the earlier date has left me with about half my actor options and the ones I do have are only available until 10 am saturday morning :)

EdAish

just curious...

Yip hope to - just have a Phantom GoPro & gimbal

EdAish

Film Making, a Basic DSLR Kit in 10 Easy Steps?

It was one of those light display lasers - green one... Way more powerful than a red laser pointer I think you would be fairly safe with one like in this film although after my killed 5dmkiii I will make sure no laser ever hits the lens again. The high powered stage lasers Should never be set up to point at the audience only over their heads. The green handheld ones can pop balloons burn through black plastic and light matches and the stage ones are more powerful than the hand held ones.

EdAish

Would been keen but a little out of the way from the Naki... :)

I am stuck with just my gh3 for a few weeks as my 5DMKIII is away on repair - 3 horrible purple blotches on the sensor - looking through footage to see what may have caused it and low and behold a Laser at a wedding reception!!!!! Didn't even notice it at the time! But that has to be it... if it did that to my camera can only imagine what it could do to someones eyes!

EdAish

in reply to ryan:

Haven't tried the in cam audio yet just used to the H4N work flow. Must give it a go. Yes I set the ISO to 1600 max and with the 0.95 lens it was heaps enough for the low light we had - However I can get great clean footage on the 5dmkiii up to 6400 no problem which opens up loads of lens options. But again was really happy with the GH3 and its WAY cheaper than the MKiii