VF48Hours Forum

Forum > Posts by joinx83

Posts by joinx83

joinx83
Since: May 2019

Looking for Cast and Crew in Auckland?

in reply to Salvador Dalek:

Hi, I'm keen to be a part of your crew. Super passionate about lighting, so would live to be the lighting assistant. I have a car so happy to assist in getting cast/crew to location if needed.

John

joinx83
Since: May 2019

Looking for Cast and Crew in Auckland?

Hi everyone!

I hope to be a first timer 48 hours-er this year.

Looking to get back into filmmaking on a regular basis after a fair bit of a hiatus and found this so wanted to get involved somehow. I studied broadcasting at uni back in the day, so am familiar with set environment and how to do various things - albeit probably a bit rusty in some areas.

I worked as a 2nd AC on 3 short films in 2013 and 1 as 1st AC on a music video all shot in London.
Here's one of the trailers : https://youtu.be/vwD107_iSkw

I've also got experience as assistant producer for some tv productions whilst working in advertising agencies - so used to coordinating a team of people.

I love lighting so would be keen to assist in that department if anyone needs someone to help in that. Equally camera assisting, producing or even as a runner if nothing else.

Also looking to build up a network here in NZ to get some regular film/tv gigs going again, as well as attempting to write my first short.

Hope to hear back from some of you.

Cheers,
John