VF48Hours 2020 Forum

Forum > Posts by fakenews

Posts by fakenews

fakenews
Since: Aug 2017

VR film competition.. who's game ? 360 AND STEREO 180 VR options

yes! i KNOW! very exciting - I look fwd to seeing their entry, sorry I missed that heat.. I considered making a stereo 180VR film - but chickened out, with all the post rendering and sound considerations.. would need more like 96hrs

fakenews

VR film competition.. who's game ? 360 AND STEREO 180 VR options

VR is so hot right now..

Find a sponsor to provide a dozen or so VR camera rigs...

Invite all 48hr teams to submit (secret) VR pitches to a panel of experts

The best 12 get access to VR filming gear for 48hrs

Post production would need a bit extra time; chugging thru 8k 360 or stereo 180 vr files and managing surround sound is quite a bit more taxing than standard films16:9 output...

but it would be really interesting to see what folks came up with given open slather

fakenews

Heat Observations/Trends/Drinking game?

in reply to fakenews:

pps... we had genuine side-splitting fun making our entry - cheap fx / boom shadows / at one point a random citizen walked in the background of a shot and i nearly wet myself at the irony - now i regret i didn't put that shot in - it was the epitome of z-grade... sigh

fakenews

in reply to Mista Teas:

I have it! when you find out you got z-grade... immediately contact a really bad director and crew, and employ them to make an earnest film with no idea why... and then submit whatever they come up with

fakenews

i thought everyone in heat 1 i saw used the wilhelm scream really well, and it wasn't such an eye-rolling experience as i expected after all the whinge-ing on here - so there :P

ps. being accused of "faux z-grade" in reviews =) ... that's a funny thing... how does one make a "genuine" z-grade film - without being aware you've been asked to make a z-grade film (?) ... guess I ain't no natural born Tommy Wiseau

fakenews

any films so far show the "TAKE RISKS" that Ant was after ?

fakenews

The genre you wish you'd got.

VERRRY happy we got Z-GRADE... but SURVIVAL sounds like a hoot

fakenews

What if changed all the requirements this year?

POLL: go naked or .... hit the url and make a choice

https://goo.gl/J6fety

fakenews

What if changed all the requirements this year?

DO IT... NAKED 48hrs.. no requirements.. just be radical and unpredictable.. unconventional.. left field.. nutso

maybe you guys should set up a POLL for this?