VF48Hours 2020 Forum

Forum > Posts by duncank

Posts by duncank

duncank
Since: Apr 2013

Cameras 2014

I have shot the last two I have done on a Sony NEX-VG30 with an assortment of lenses. I love that you can stick just about any lens in existence onto an E mount adapter. I have an NEX 5 which will take all the same lenses as a B camera and produces very comparable images to the big camera.

Recorded both AVCHD in camera and Prores 422 HQ in a Hyperdeck Shuttle 2. Didn't end up using much of the Hyperdeck's footage despite the obvious colour and bitrate improvements as I didn't muck around with colour or exposure much in post (you could argue that I should have, but that's a discussion for the reviews :-) )

Used Sony's kit 18-55 on the NEX 5, and a Minolta 50mm f1.8 MD prime on a speed booster for the focus pull. The rest was done on the VG30 with a Sigma 30mm f/2.8 prime and a Sigma 12-24 EX EF-S on a metabones adapter for the wide shots, and the kit Sony 18-200 PZ OSS for the mid shots.

Not as flash as your F5 but it's mine and I like to hoard stuff like this. :)

duncank

Enthusiastic crew looking to join Wellington team

Hey Jess has anyone snapped you up yet? If you're still keen let me know oh two one three double eight seven zero nine. :)

duncank

Wellington Talent Available

Hi Paulette,

Give me an email duncan dot kennington at gmail dot com or 021 --- 388 ... 709.

Much appreciated!
Duncan

duncank

WELLINTONG ACTORS AND STORY WRITERS

Any of you folk who haven't yet been snapped up by clee1985, I am running a team relatively strong on crew and light on the more creative contributers too. Contact me via http://www.section59.co.nz/ on the Wellington link to catch up and discuss. Jarrod will probably take people in the Chch team too. :-)

duncank

5.1 mix?

Yeah it's not really clear as AAC-LC supports 5.1 and stereo - hence the question. Powers that be?

duncank

5.1 mix?

The help page seems to suggest that a 5.1 mix would be accepted this year. Is this correct? If so, is anyone dumb enough to take on this extra level of complexity? (I am!)