VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by GloryHunter

Posts by GloryHunter

GloryHunter
Since: Jun 2012

Not 100% sure but should there be a Dunedin finalist film up in screening room yet?

Ooopsy!!Someone may want to let them Know!

GloryHunter

Why is National Finalist selection the murkiest part of the judging process?

For my 2 cents worth,i think you are getting too complicated,I believe you can use a judging panel from anywhere as long as they know what they're talking about and were not involved in the heats,then it is a simple matter of removing team names and regions from the films ,thus judges will only see genre! much like a wine tasting where a judge scores the wine! : )

GloryHunter

What do actors think about this comp?

in reply to SeanOC:

Don't feel bad about being an extra mate! work is work and as far as i'm concerned if your given direction and perform to an audience your acting in my books!....It was being an extra on a certain movie with short dudes with hairy feet and going on about some gold ring that got me into the busO! more to the point a certain scene i was doing and a certain well known DIR said to me" thats great i love what your doing,you can do that again"...I was hooked from that moment! ; )

(Uruk Hai attack Aragorn at Amon Hen)

GloryHunter

in reply to TheNimbleMarmoset:

As we know time constraints are usually the issue as far as rehearsals go but at the least a good character brief would certainly help !

GloryHunter

Just found out our team are city finalists and can now say it feels good!!....Recognition you could say!

GloryHunter

in reply to Toby W M Sharpe:

Great to hear mate! Fab to get an outcome like that ! I agree 48 seems like a great place to interpret and apply! If i'm doing casting as well again next year i will be sure to tell potential cast this story! ; )

GloryHunter

in reply to Jason Fitch:

Woa ! 2 min mon ! thats an ask,i'm guessing you were given it Sat morning.

Hopefully the not so good actors will keep at it and hone their skills !

GloryHunter

We actors read a lot of stuff from the film makers POV on these forums,was wondering what other actors thought about being involved in this gig?

Myself ,this is my 2nd year involved and have found it quite refreshing as time is a major factor when shooting which keeps you on your toes! Also a great opportunity to fine tune your wares !