VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

fallback
Since: Apr 2011

Feed for this Topic

a quick note on Auckland Heat 9

To everyone who made a film that was there:

holy fucking shit ... my hat is off to you.

That was the first time I've ever seen a 48Hours heat where every single goddamn film was watchable and entertaining. Even the teams whose technical skills were a bit shaky had amazingly fun films that transcended those problems.

I'll write proper reviews in the database when I'm not about to pass out, but just wanted to pass on some good vibes to everyone that deserves it. Seriously: well done. (And well attended - was great to have a full house!)

fallback

oh, and the playback was faultless! I get the impression the behind the scenes tech has been a bit challenging, but from the cheap seats it looked great ...

Freezingfire

i agree with that completely, awesome heat, awesome films, so stoked that we were in heat 9!

Only playback niggle that I had was that the sound could have been a touch louder.

Johnathan Guest
Halcyon Entertainment
14 time 48Hours entrant
2018 Auckland City Winner

Toby W M Sharpe

That was a freakish heat.

Toby W M Sharpe

I really liked all the team intro's. It was like a mini film fest with in a film fest.
team "I txt wile driving" intro was brilliant.

Jason Fitch
Since: May 2011

Yeah have to say heat 9 blew my expectations completely out of the water. I knew there was some good teams in there but serioulsy great work by all!