Attention: Auckland Teams - Postponement Weekend

Posted 1st March 2021

The 2021 Vista Foundation 48Hours was always going to operate regardless of alert level and so the March 5th - 7th shoot weekend is still going ahead as planned. But before you change channels, we have an announcement to make..

With Auckland going into a snap 7-day level 3 lockdown this week, we have had a number of enquiries from teams who have been affected and after discussions, we have a solution that works for the teams and the competition.

We are offering a one-time-only postponement shoot weekend to teams registered in the Auckland region if they can’t shoot during Level 3. 

Our Auckland teams can opt which weekend they would like to participate in, either the 5th - 7th March with the rest of the country or the postponement shoot weekend 12 - 14th March. 

There will be a new set of genres (maybe harder) and required elements for the postponement weekend.

You will need to contact our Auckland City Manager, AJ Murtagh ( before 5 pm Thursday, March 4th to have your registration moved to the postponement weekend. You can only change once. 

There will only be one postponement - if Auckland is still at level 3 on March 12th - 14th then teams will need to compete with the level 3 limitations. We encourage teams to use the additional week to prepare for this possibility.


We have had a number of queries about refunds. Our policy is that we will only refund if the event is cancelled and we have stated that we will be running the competition regardless of the alert level. The only exception to this is if Auckland schools are still closed due to alert level 3 on the postponement weekend of March 12th - 14th, then a refund will be offered.