VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by Frosty Peterson

Posts by Frosty Peterson

Frosty Peterson
Since: May 2012

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

in reply to Kawiti Naitoro:

You sir have my $10,000 vote.

2013 Partially Inconvenient Films: Channel Changer - non-dialogue (CHCH best use of Camera Element)
2012 Cheese Bricks: Fresh Start - Inspirational

Frosty Peterson

Amazing tips!

This stuff is almost too legit. I wish these guys were on my team... I'm gonna stop "fire hosing" this year.

I feel ready!

2013 Partially Inconvenient Films: Channel Changer - non-dialogue (CHCH best use of Camera Element)

Frosty Peterson

It's quiet. Too quiet.

Ah hey, another Peterson! (I'm one too)
You're the third Peterson in the 48hr competition that I know about, and as far as I know none of us are related to each other!

Yeah you would think Peterson was a more common name, but it seems to be a bit scarce. And we probably are related via some great great great grandfather.

I wonder if as well as fewer teams (I'm still only guessing, no doubt Ant will let us know the numbers at some point) we'll also have a higher ratio of Failed To Complete teams than normal, because I know for damn sure I'm nowhere near the preparation I've had in previous years.
I quite like it. Maybe we should have even less notice.
(I really should get a couple of thumb drives though.)

Yeah i am feeling ya. USB stick for hand in was what I was forgetting.

Frosty Peterson

It's quiet. Too quiet.

I think the change of dates has thrown my anticipation and excitement glands out of balance (not sure where you would find those in the human body but i am sure they exist).
I have had to resort to filling my socks with raspberry jelly crystals in order to prepare myself for this weekend.

I feel like I am missing something important but its not kicking in yet.... maybe its actors or a camera or something. I guess that is part of the fun on Friday night.

Frosty Peterson

CHRISTCHURCH WINNERS

That Andrew Todd guy.... What a host.
Big ups to Court theater for the venue too.

Frosty Peterson

2013 drinking game

Drink when you see a half naked man riding a mechanical bull.

Frosty Peterson

Notes on our film

This year we landed non-dialogue. We had already planned to make a very basic story line and work on getting our technical and extra areas sorted out. We planned that our story should be something that you would understand the more you watched it, however in a competition like this very few people come back for a second viewing.

We were really stoked this year to pull off making TV shows for our character to watch and we even did the whole final clip as a one shot at night trying to simulate TV lighting (took two hours just to get the right balance of lighting from spots).

I spent most my time this year watching the heats for technical details rather than story lines. And i really enjoyed a lot of the films from our heat & the effort they put in to some of the shots or background things.
Hopefully next year we can nail a good story line that can be watched once or more and still be appreciated more and more each time.

I do feel there are too many spoon feed stories and so i enjoy coming across films with subtleties and Easter eggs in them like ours.

@Dmanthei. i enjoyed watching your film for the camera work and the characters. We are glad we didn't get Horror, not sure what we would have done if we did.

Frosty Peterson

Watch my movie - a plea for reviews

Hey would love a few reviews on our film. This year we went mainly for technique and detail, we had decided to do a basic story and test our skills doing everything else.
Love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Film: http://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2013/christchurch/channel-changer/
Review page: http://reviews.48hours.co.nz/read/2013/christchurch/9/partially-inconvenient

Partially Inconvenient Films - Heat 9 Christchurch

Frosty Peterson

Team intro award

Our team intro last year wasn't too bad but this year it was ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frosty Peterson

Error on Christchurch Screening Room?

Could be because those teams are nominated for other awards.

Frosty Peterson

Easter Eggs

There are quite a few in our short film. probably requires several views and pauses for some.
Even made references for old teams we have been involved in to spot as well.

Frosty Peterson

A line of dialogue in a "non-dialogue" film?

We thought it would be easy, so we did a one shot - non dialogue - at night & even made TV shows for the guy to watch.

Sometimes what sounds like a good idea at the time.......

Frosty Peterson

Reviews

I can't seem to grasp what people see is different between the comments they leave and the star rating they give.
i.e. One review is completely negative and yet they give the team 7/10. Then that same person reviewing really enjoys another teams video and showers them with praise and gives them 3/10.

Maybe they have the whole system back to front and think that a good film should have a low rating.... i don't know. I have given up hope on audience reviews. Bring on the Judges thoughts, then we will know what we really need to work on.