VF48Hours 2020 Forum

Forum > Posts by IctusMortem

Posts by IctusMortem

IctusMortem
Since: May 2012

Musicals

in reply to Robstar Rapper:

Kevin should be invited to NZ and given his own award for the sheer amount that his work has been used and abused for.

IctusMortem

EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION OPEN NOW - SAVE $40

It's true, my squad does not have much money. I'll attempt to round them.

IctusMortem

Next Years Competition

Shweet! Thanks for posting.

IctusMortem

Looking for a team

in reply to Sam Riley:

Might be a spam filter thing - we had a crop of weird spam posts quite a while back so maybe emails and suchlike got disallowed during that time. So might have to put spaces or something in.

IctusMortem

Dear Ant Timpson

in reply to zer05um:

I second Silent Film as a genre! No audio probs, overracting is okay, even encouraged... living the dream :P .

IctusMortem

Next Years Competition

in reply to NITRO:

Depends if you get time travel as a genre!

IctusMortem

Auckland: Cameraman and Editor looking to join a team

in reply to dramamike:

How good is Superman at email? Does he know how to send a Nigerian prince dollars over a money exchange site?

IctusMortem

Auckland: Cameraman and Editor looking to join a team

in reply to :

Olga from Ukraine needs your help Simon. Doesn't seem strange at all, you should contact her.

IctusMortem

Dear Ant Timpson

in reply to NITRO:

True, didn't think of that, it'd certainly be interesting trying convince an unpaid crane driver to do their thing.
Though the ingenuity of some of the rigs created for 48 Hours to do some of the fancier shots is amazing, so there's options if you've got the resources etc.
Neither of which normally apply to me and my various teams' lo-fi productions. :D

IctusMortem

Dear Ant Timpson

Optional extra elements sounds... interesting. On one hand, it must be hard enough to come up with different elements every year, on the other hand there's sadists like you who enjoy making life difficult for themselves.

4. Change rule number 14 "Cast and crew can be volunteers or professionals." back to only volunteers. It's a small thing, but I think it's important for the spirit of the competition.

IctusMortem

Next Years Competition

Didn't seem to make much difference for my team either way. But it would definitely be nice to have a bit of warning as to what month it's gonna be in.

IctusMortem

Grand National Finalists discussion thread

I didn't manage to see all the films on the livestream, but I was happy to see one of the ones that made me go "ooo", win!
In fact, I agreed with a lot of the judging this year.

IctusMortem

Most common uses of required elements

And ohhh yes, I remember the abundance of V in every second film... They certainly got their product placement money's worth.

IctusMortem

Most common uses of required elements

I like that one Jay, classic gag that I haven't seen pop up for a while.

I prefer it when props are actually integrated as part of the story somehow. Kind of harks back to one of the original points of the elements - to make sure everything's done within the 48 hours. But mostly it's just plain cool to see how people end up with so many different ideas once they try to properly integrate it.

That being said, my team was one of the ones that went for the someone randomly knitting option :P . Used as a comedy beat (1 balaclava'd burglar waiting in the getaway car for the other thief), but still.

IctusMortem

Heart Shaped Locket - Music Video (Cardboard Animation)

That was actually pretty good, fit the tone really well.