VF48Hours Forum

Forum > Posts by Ben Fowler

Posts by Ben Fowler

Ben Fowler
Since: Jun 2011

Come on now

I'm not sure if it's something I ate, but I really need to take a shit... Hope you get heaps of views though!

Sideways Productions
2016- BOYFRIEND MATERIAL (Crime) Producer/Director/Editor
2015- "THE FOREST ROOM" (Mystery) Director/Writer/Producer/Editor (BEST EDITING- AKL, NOM. BEST ACTRESS- NZ)
2014- "BROKEN RECORD" (Film within a film) Producer/Editor
2013- "FUSION" (Crime) Director/Writer/Producer/Editor
2012- "MY CONFESSION" (Erotic Thriller) Director/Writer/Producer/Editor (NOMINATED BEST EDITING- AKL)
2011- "GOODBYE GILBERT" (Revenge) Director/Writer/Producer/Editor (SEXIEST SHORT- AKL)
2010- "THE VENTRILIQUIST" (Femme Fatale) Director/Writer/Editor (C4 TOP 5 FEMME FATALE)

Ben Fowler

2013 Movie Posters

in reply to UreweraJack:

A little something for our film, FUSION.
Kicking off Heat 18, 7.55pm on Sunday.

Sideways Productions
2015- "THE FOREST ROOM" (Mystery) Director/Writer/Producer/Editor (BEST EDITING- AKL, NOM. BEST ACTRESS- NZ)
2012- "MY CONFESSION" (Erotic Thriller) Director/Writer/Producer/Editor (NOMINATED BEST EDITING- AKL)
2011- "GOODBYE GILBERT" (Revenge) Director/Writer/Producer/Editor (SEXIEST SHORT- AKL)
2010- "THE VENTRILIQUIST" (Femme Fatale) Director/Writer/Editor (C4 TOP 5 FEMME FATALE)

Ben Fowler

Life After The V48

in reply to Rocket Boy:

Nice effort from Sideways Productions, I enjoyed it.

I'm not sure how showing your disappointment is 'poor sportsmanship', it just shows that you are human.

Cheers mate.

Yeah, the last thing we were trying to do was come off as sore losers.

To be honest I always knew our film wasn't really a contender, considering how "dark" it is. But personally it's my favourite out of the 3 we've done, the most complete, 'My Confession' that is... obviously.

But anyway, the little doco was just something a bit more lighthearted we spontaneously decided to do on the lazy sunday after the AK finals, no real planning; just some solid melodramatic improv from Mr Nicholson and our favourite Samoan.

Seems like our sense of humour is an acquired taste haha.

All good though. Catch yas next year.

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

2012 AUCKLAND V48 FINALISTS

Sadly, Sideways Productions missed out on the finals again, and one of the guys took it pretty hard.

Check it out here:

This will probably appear as a Special Feature on the 'My Confession' 10th Anniversary Special Deluxe Collector's Edition VHS if anyone is interested.

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

The V48Hours Effect (Documentary)

Isaiah Vaega, the Grip/Gaffer at Sideways Productions, has a hard time coping with missing out on the Auckland finals for the third time.

This video documents his struggles.

The V48Hours Effect (Documentary)

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

in reply to Ant Timpson:

Any word on nominations for Best Score and Original Song Ant?

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

Reviews

in reply to galexioza:

Done.

(Lucky it was good, otherwise that could have been awkward).

Haha cheers mate. Sent one your way too.

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

Reviews

in reply to galexioza:

10-15! I'll be happy with more than 1 haha. I guess that's better than being hit by garbage reviews though.

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

in reply to Taunise:

Yeah, I'd be keen to see the nominations for those too. Christchurch has them up, must be a delay or something.

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

Movie Posters

Here's the poster for 'My Confession'.
An erotic thriller from Sideways.

Check it out here: http://www.v48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2012/auckland/im%3A1355/

Sideways Productions

Ben Fowler

Will review any film, just post in here!

in reply to vault502:

Wow.

I honestly had to check if you were someone we know haha. It's not often we get a decent analytical review of our work, let alone one as in-depth as yours. Finally someone who understood the finer details of what we were trying to get across. We took a risk with how we told the story and feel it may have been a bit confusing to some.

In terms of the freeze-frame ending I totally feel the same way, and truly do feel a bit gutted about that, all the ideas I had for it AFTER I got some sleep were killer. There's a couple of factors that lead to the way it ended up, but no point dwelling on it, it is what it is.

But anyway, greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into the review.

Very cool!

P.S. Our first entry into the comp was "The Ventriliquist" last year, if you run out of 2011 films haha.

Sideways Productions