Forum > Posts by IronFilms

Posts by IronFilms

IronFilms
Since: Dec 2012

Terra Cine camera

IronFilms

Auckland Finalists and Nominees

Excited for next Friday, going to get to see all of these amazing films!

IronFilms

Auckland Shortlist

Yeah I too feel that film deserved to be on the shortlist.

But there were a *LOT* (or so it seemed to me, I only went to two heats! Heat 3 & 4) of truly amazing amazing films, so I suppose some of the amazing films had to make the cut :-/ I'd hate to be in the judge's shoes! So really tough decisions had to be made.

IronFilms

Question about Judging

I'd hope Judges at least watch themselves the audience favorites (the top three) from each heat (which for a city like Auckland would add up to an awful lot of films! As we have so many heats). I don't mind whatever other process they use to select the rest, perhaps use assistants to help suggest a bunch more to consider for the short list.

IronFilms

What are your goals for this year?

Wellllllll......... just in the last minutes my weekend's plans have drastically changed!

Thought I was going to miss out on 48hrs this year :-(

Because am working on a feature film, but rain has cancelled the shoot for the next few days!

Yay?

Thus my goals for this year is to find a team to do sound for and have fun! Hopefully a good team, getting to go to the Grand Finals two years in a row would be nice ;-)

IronFilms

Looking for Cast and Crew in Auckland?

Daniel was great in our film for 48hrs a while back!

IronFilms

Terra Cine camera

Whoops, typo! But this forum doesn't allow editing...

Meant "...no Kinefinity cameras in NZ" (not "now", meant "no")

IronFilms

Terra Cine camera

Oh hey, pleased to see Kinefinity get a mention in this forum!

Certainly I believe the Terra 4K is one of the most appealing lower priced cinema cameras for its niche/price. I've blogged a fair bit before about the company in the past: http://ironfilm.co.nz/tag/kinefinity/

Am also the admin for the biggest community online for Kinefinity, so join up there if you'd like to follow more news about Kinefinity:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kinefinity/

Unfortunately it seems there are now Kinefinity cameras in New Zealand (although there are several over in Australia), but I know a local kiwi here in Auckland who will be the first and has pre ordered the new Kinefinity Mavo.

IronFilms

Solo/Duo Teams!

Just randomly, one friday night myself and a friend shot this while having a few drinks:

Joseph was the director/writer/editor/actor(both of them!), and I was camera/lighting/sound.

IronFilms

What's your 48HRS story?

My first year was quite disastrous, I was trying to do EVERYTHING myself! Direct/write/edit/shoot/sound/light! Everything but act!

But we got it in on time, so that is a bonus!

However these days I've specialized to do just one thing, and one thing *well*.

Sound.

And had a good run lately, last year my team was in the grand finals, and year before in the Auckland finals.

Unfortunately it seems I'm missing out on 48hrs this year? Due to a clash with a feature film I'm working on at the same time :-(

IronFilms

Congrats to all finishers

Kinda feels like the easiest year so far for me (still didn't get to sleep until after 6am on Sunday morning!). Is what happens I suppose when you're a crew member on a team of professionals who were all amazing! Looking forward to the screening :-)

IronFilms

NEW RULES - IMPORTANT

Never mind... the info was hidden away under here:

https://www.48hours.co.nz/2017/help/?ss=technical

IronFilms

NEW RULES - IMPORTANT

in reply to ruth:

3. The ‘film’ must be delivered as a single digital movie file using our recommended file specs by 7 pm on Sunday, August 27th, either on USB to the city hand-in location or uploaded via our portal for teams who have registered as out of town.

What are these "recommended file specs"??

Especially need to know what FPS is expected.

Can't seem to find the info of these rules details anywhere on the website for 2017.

IronFilms

Soundie Wanted-Auckland

Is Silent Film a genre this year?? Perhaps if my team gets that then I'll be desperately looking for a new team! :-o

IronFilms

SOS! Need a DoP!

If you need a DoP for any pos-48hrs short films drop me a message :-)

http://ironfilm.co.nz/contact/