VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by washable

Posts by washable

washable
Since: May 2011

Fad movie...?

Yep, initially when we got fad movie we were miffed and spent the first hour spouting as many things as we could that were fads or could conceivably be fads real or created.

When we got back to our base a team member had come up with what we thought was an excellent fad, but it initially started off as parody and we had trouble with making the idea work (there were three to four involved in conceptualising the idea). Parody was also something we wanted to avoid, so we got stuck in to the idea and how to make it a straight drama.

We got to the point where we asked what is a fad, as they're all underpinned by some kind of ideology in the end, and we were thinking around whether it was a mainstream fad, or and underground fad, and the differences between those too.

I'm pretty stoked we got this genre. Even though initially it felt like a strange, non-canon genre, it allowed us to tell a simple story and the fad was the vehicle for that story. I hope they keep it for next year!

2011 urban etikit - Fad - actor, story
2009 Little Death - Musical - second unit
2007 Some Like it Smokin Hot IX - Unnecessary Sequel - actor, story
2006 OCDental Death - Crime - writer, director, editor
2005 Animal Lovers Guide to Loving Animals - Action - actor, story

washable
Since: May 2011

AUDIENCE VOTES AUCKLAND - UPDATING NIGHTLY

In response to Truthserum and Michael Buhagiar, I wonder if your opinions are symptomatic of NCEA? Just because you participate does not mean you achieve. Nor is your film any more or less valid relational to your experience. If your film is shit you're not going to get a pass for being a first timer. Rename your team so you land in another heat which is not as hotly contested if you feel so hard done by, though adversely you'd miss out on being in a heat that was almost guaranteed to be great.

I wish I had come along to Heat 9, I was even invited and politely declined in favour of bed -.-

2011 urban etikit - Fad - actor, story
2009 Little Death - Musical - second unit
2007 Some Like it Smokin Hot IX - Unnecessary Sequel - actor, story
2006 OCDental Death - Crime - writer, director, editor
2005 Animal Lovers Guide to Loving Animals - Action - actor, story