VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by Mononoki

Posts by Mononoki

Mononoki
Since: May 2011

THIS YEARS GRAND FINAL JUDGING

in reply to Ant Timpson:

Hey which films will Peter Jackson choose his wild cards from exactly???

Does he watch the majority of the films or does he just choose wildcards from the already selected finalist??

Thanks, would be interesting to know...

Mononoki

Screening and DVD

in reply to Ant Timpson:

Nooo!!! i think it is so much more personal getting to watch the movies in your heat at an actual cinema

My entire team turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and every one of us appreciated the experience and really made a night out of it and were so proud to see our film on the big screen and everyone except the editors waited to see the film on the actual night...

we even all paid the $28 boat fair to be there but yes in total there were only 5 of us

Maybe some Auckland teams were just small like us???

Mononoki

Screening and DVD

in reply to Ant Timpson:

I think having the festival in summer would be awesome!

Firstly it gets dark later which gives everyone a lot more filming time for day scenes and also theres less of a distraction factor with the cold.

I absolutely hated filming in the cold haha not to mention filming our poor director being thrown off the end of a wharf in this weather...

Could possibly be better for everyones equipment not having to deal with the rain...

BUT, most importantly its probably harder to film in summer with the amount of people around

Mononoki

AUDIENCE VOTES AUCKLAND - UPDATING NIGHTLY

in reply to Ant Timpson:

Will do!! new to this so just saw where exactly where we can review each film

Do you know possibly when the finalist will be announced???

Thanks for posting the audience results

Mononoki

Ouch

Mononoki

How much money did you spend on your short?

We got revenge film and it turned out that we didnt need to spend much money at all

There was the problem of commuting to auckland city from waiheke to and from the friday night meeting and to hand it in on sunday. It ended up costing soo much exactly $140

But other than that we bought a spare battery that was $15
Used some red and blue food colouring that was like $6
Petrol was the most expensive like $50
but turns out we didnt need buy props and got away with borrowing things from friends.

If we had have gotten something like super hero or horror im sure we would have had to invest in some good props...........

Mononoki

Can someone post something about HEAT 15 i know this is updated nightly but im soo excited to see if anyone noticed our film or what anyone thought about our heat.. the competition was tough! i loved number one (i dont know if im allowed to post details so i wont) and the musical was pulled off so so sweet