VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by bexxgirl

Posts by bexxgirl

bexxgirl
Since: May 2011

Wellington City Finalists and Nominees

in reply to dramamike:

Totally agree - it was great. Very surprised that the female actor in that team wasn't nominated for best actress!

Great finals all round, this year - well done all!

2014 - Scone Shot "This Little Piggy Went to Market"
2013 - Crepe Shoot "Prime's Numbers"
2012 - Crepe Shoot "Nick of Time" (Wellington Finalist, nominated for best editing)
2011 - Pancake Pictures "Sammy" (Wellington Finalist and Best Actress)
2010 - Pancake Pictures "Fleet Street" (nominated for Best Use of Line and Best Actress)
2008 - Pancake Pictures "Resignation" (Wellington Finalist - 3rd place Wellington Region, Best Actress, Best Use of Character)
2006 - Pancake Pictures "Forbidden Fruit" (Wellington Finalist)
2005 - Pancake Pictures "Quench"

bexxgirl

Direct messages on forums?

Am I a dork or do I recall correctly that we used to be able to DM other forum posters? If we still can, can someone teach me to internet please?

2012 - Crepe Shoot "Nick of Time" (Wellington Finalist, nominated for best editing)
2010 - Pancake Pictures "Fleet Street" (nominated for Best Use of Line and Best Actress)
2008 - Pancake Pictures "Resignation" (Wellington Finalist - 3rd place Wellington Region, Best Actress, Best Use of Character)

bexxgirl

in reply to Kelly Dare:

Thanks, Kelly! :)

bexxgirl

Wow - super speedy judging, folks - awesome!

Just one query: how do we know which of the actors in the film is nominated? No vested interest, of course.... hehe

bexxgirl

Clunkiest compulsory line ever?

in reply to Rowox:

Oh wow - that IS awesome!

bexxgirl

Clunkiest compulsory line ever?

I reckon 'Put that down, nice and easy' was the worst (2005) - they obviously realised pretty early that they had to make it simpler, though - later years were much improved!

bexxgirl

I keep thinking about this years character

in reply to themorgan:

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed in our heat - I deliberately reviewed every film in our heat EXCEPT ours for that very reason, and only one other person in the heat did reviews (for only 5 of the films).

Stink year for reviews.

bexxgirl

Reviews are live

Wow - really not much reviewing happening in Wellington. Looks like only me from last night's 7pm heat (so far, anyway), apart from someone who only reviewed one film in the heat. Man, Steelpotato is missed.

bexxgirl

Auckland Audience Awards 2014

in reply to Craig:

Which in past years has shown dubious accuracy...

bexxgirl

Failure rate?

in reply to themorgan:

Erm... noooooo.

It definitely wasn't me. I don't even like pies...... really.

bexxgirl

Failure rate?

in reply to themorgan:

Sadly I'm only 16 weeks so I didn't look preggo, only fat - I was hoping we'd be able to use it somehow... Sigh...

bexxgirl

Failure rate?

in reply to steelpotato:

Oh cool, congrats! My husband and I entered this year for possibly the last time for a while, as we're expecting our first baby, too. :)

bexxgirl

Failure rate?

in reply to steelpotato:

Oh sweet - seems like a natural progression!

bexxgirl

April 48hours? Better or worse?

It's so difficult to know whether it's better to be during daylight savings hours or not. On the one hand, if you're night shooting then you don't have to wait so long for dark on Saturday (which was the case two years ago for us). On the other hand, if you need more daylight hours...

I thought it was great to have settled weather that wasn't too cold (although we were shooting in Kapiti so I'm not sure what it was like in town).

bexxgirl

What I learned this year

in reply to dramamike:

I'm not sure - I saw them at the launch too, but I didn't see their name on the genre number list and they're still not on the heat list. I would be very surprised if they'd pulled out/gone MIA!