VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by Jared Kahi

Posts by Jared Kahi

Jared Kahi
Since: May 2011

'Twenty One Points' Trailer

Hello fellow furious filmmakers!

Here is a trailer for a new short film I've been working on 'Twenty One Points'
I've been lucky enough to be working on the VFX for this and it's coming up sweet.

Won't be in the competition this year cos we're trying to get the film finished as soon as humanly possible. We've set up a Boosted Crowdfunding campaign to help raise enough money to finish the film. One of the main characters is a full CGI imaginary robot brought to life by motion capture and 3D animation, so Post Production on the film has been a long, hard slog for a small team!

So if you like please spread the word or even donate something if you can! There are a few 48 Hours alumni in there including myself and Josh Thomson so please show your support if you can! https://www.boosted.org.nz/projects/twentyone-points

Cheers!
Jared

Jared Kahi

So what was the story behind Lense Flare's burning house?

Heya, firstly I just have to say we are all still reeling from Friday night. Our whole team had unanomously picked Grand Cheval to take out first place and we were genuinely shocked at the final result, and so humbled to have been in the same running as films like Mi Amgio Mandarena, Flicker, Dead End Job The Ex and Dick Off which were some of our picks for the top spot contenders. Huge congrats to all the winning and nominated teams!

So re the burning house: in the week leading up to the 48 weekend our producer Rachael was researching how to possibly film a burning house for a music video concept we were going to shoot. She just boldly called up the NZ Fire Service and asked around about it.

From what i remember Rachel saying, It turned out that they do a controlled burn of a house for scientific research and training purposes every 5 years or so (Rachel correct me if I got this wrong!) and it happened to be "THIS COMING SATURDAY MORNING"

Because the music video wasn't due to shoot for a few weeks later, Rachel was at first disappointed the timing wouldn't work out,... but then had one of those bolt of lightning realisation moments!

It was an opportunity we couldn't pass up, BUT the whole team agreed on the Friday night that if we came up with a better idea that didn't have a burning house in it we would ditch it immediately. But we ended up going with one of our first ideas of the brainstorm session which is rare for us, also Johnnies Dad is a retired Fireman whose name we used for his character and he's wearing his Dads old uniform which is one of my favourite aspects of why we chose that story, not necessarily the burning house.

Needless to say the Fire Department were amazingly co-operative and open to us filming around them and their facilities. We are so so grateful.

...sorry for the long winded explanation!!! but that's the story behind it anyways!~

Jared Kahi

2012 GRAND FINALISTS & WILDCARDS

in reply to Nick Burridge:

Man, I don't know if it's my horrifically shit internet connection (fuck you Vodafone) but I just cant get that link to work. Is it anywhere else on the net?

Jared Kahi

Ant! Hope we get to see the Grand Final intro in the screening room soon? it was awesome!

Jared Kahi

in reply to Hayley Marlow:

Huge congrats Hayley and rest of the team, it was SO great to see you guys turn up at Kareoke :) which is fast becoming a post 48hr final tradition. Loved your film, heard so much of the hype and excitement about it online and couldn't wait to see it, and it delivered big time! Such a unique spin on the Zombie film and really entertaining. All the best from camp Lense Flare!!!! :)

Jared Kahi

Congrats everybody! Looking forward to another good night of great films! Can't wait to see the Wellington films after hearing all the buzz! We at Lense Flare are so stoked to be counted amongst films like Glow and Seed. Woooop!

Personally, I am SO pleased to see Suitcase of Pain in the final! That was one of my highlights of the Akl final and hands down one of the coolest 48hr films I've seen in a long long time. Great work Battlesoup!

Good times

Jared Kahi

Movie Posters

Here's the poster for 'The Girl with the Clover Tattoo', one shot film by Lense Flare. Screening at the 5pm Heat on Saturday!!! :)

Jared Kahi

Post Your Films in The Screening Room. And also in here.

in reply to RosieB:

Rosie, loved the soundtrack of your film

Jared Kahi

Post Your Films in The Screening Room. And also in here.

Here's our film! Such a great night. Our favourites were Headshot, Roborevenge, Sketch and of course The Child Jumpers.