VF48Hours Forum

Forum > Posts by ruth

Posts by ruth

ruth
Since: May 2011

Solo teams past and present (and duos if you see this)

Think Comic book Toowit Toowoo

ruth

Lighting discount for Auckland teams

And not a lot of daylight the week before winter solstice even if the sun comes up.

ruth

Solo teams past and present (and duos if you see this)

I just want to say that teams that go solo or duo are amazing.

ruth

Copyright questions

Here's another one - Are memes royalty free or public domain?

Probably not - you will need to check each meme - if it uses an image that the creator has made or that is old enough to be in the public domain, or is creative commons licensed then it might be.

I'd suggest avoiding anything on the internet and make your own.

Here's my favourite image source site - https://www.flickr.com/commons

ruth

Copyright questions

Here's a question - Lots of public domain imagery is for non-commercial use
Does being a competition, make the 48hrs commercial?

In the T and Cs for entry, teams agree to license 48Hours the use of their film for 24 months, worldwide, for a variety of uses, some of which could be commercial - i.e. if we supplied them to a broadcaster who screened it with adverts around it.

So yes, it would be best to allow for commercial use. You can also ask the people you're getting the image from - they may be OK with a film competition.

Its always best to ask.

ruth

Copyright questions

Every year everyone has a lot of questions about copyright. We have info on the 48Hours website here - https://www.48hours.co.nz/rules/copyright-legal-faq/

If you have any other questions then post them here and we'll keep up with the answers for you.

ruth

Review Site

Just to note that the generous Nick Burridge does a lot of work on the review site out of the goodness of his heart. We are working towards a combined Screening room and review site in the future but are lucky enough to still have Nick helping out this year. Thanks Nick!

ruth

Awards

Anyone who completes an Ultra film (and isn't DQd for any reason) will get a special Ultra Certificate again this year. I've just sent them to the printers. :)

ruth

Thread about anything else!

Just letting you know we're putting $1000 down on the table for Best Ultra this year. If that's an incentive for anyone to brave it up. Looking forward to your emails experienced teams.

ruth

Thread about anything else!

I love this thread - hit us with your ideas!

ruth

Shoot Weekend confirmed: June 14 - 16

Kia ora koutou

Ness and I have been keeping an eye on this thread and its been great to hear the different perspectives regarding this issue. We haven't made any firm decisions about what approach 48Hours will take in regards to any content and the Christchurch terror attacks at this stage. We do want to make sure that the competition is sensitive to what happened and are working out the best way to do this. Please continue to post your thoughts and we will take them on board. Any relevant information will be sent out to teams prior to the competition.

Ngā mihi nui
Ruth and Ness

ruth

Yep sorry - Ness did a pass on that today. If you do notice anything we've missed then please let us know. :)

ruth

Hoping to get onto all that this week! Loads to do... But we've just been focussing on getting a new sponsor so we can confirm a date and get the registrations open - you'll be able to register tomorrow!

ruth

Hook one up for Hamilton! I reckon participants would end up with at least one new friend and maybe one new nemesis.

ruth

Hi Joe, we’ve had quite a few things to work around, one of the main ones being the film festival and venues and getting the finals rated by the censors. This meant we needed to bring it up a bit earlier. We’ve also had to wait to confirm funding as well so it’s been tricky finding a date that can work without waiting until the end of the year which also coincides with exams. We know it won’t suit everyone and sorry it’s not so great for you this year. AJ might be able to hook you up with some people. He was joking about a blind date team last year.