VF48Hours 2020 Forum

Forum > Posts by kiwidoc

Posts by kiwidoc

kiwidoc
Since: Apr 2018

Review Site

in reply to Nick Burridge:

Hiya, if our team's film has a mistake in the title on the Review site, who should we contact? Our film "Stack Overflow" was mislabeled as "Stack Overload."

Thanks!

kiwidoc

Newbie Q's - props, genres etc

Excellent, thanks folks!

kiwidoc

Newbie Q's - props, genres etc

Hi all, I'm keen to get onboard this year and wondering if you can help with some info? Can't see it on the site so thought forum folks might know.

a) Are there any guidelines around use of existing fictional props? Obviously you can't make a Batman film for 48 hours, but if you had a good plot reason and could feature a cool remote control Batmobile is that okay, if not referred to by name? Or if you have a lifesize Worzel Gummidge sculpture or a Lightsaber toy or Thor's Hammer or Maleficent's dress - are we okay with seeing things from existing productions given that the specific object isn't copyrighted in image/concept?

b) I know that genres are usually allocated at the Friday night check-in along with a few other requirements. Is there a master list of genres that are chosen from or even some common knowledge about what is usually seen? And if assigned one you simply cannot do (eek, musical...) is there any second option, or swap or plea-bargain available?

c) I'm just looking at the entrance fee and realise that it's required to run an event of this size but it is a little daunting. Presumably there are a range of prizes that people might be eligible for even at city level, not just for the top few finalists nationally? Any idea of what things are typically given prizes? I can find discussions on elements not being awarded anymore but not much on what is...

Thanks for any help, and good luck everyone!