VF48Hours Forum

Forum > Posts by Team Homeschool

Posts by Team Homeschool

Team Homeschool
Since: Aug 2017

100 Days to go

Thanks dramamike for that wonderful reminder, when all my team is pulling out except for me. :)

2017 Second Time Lucky...? (Survival)

Team Homeschool

What's your 48HRS story?

Hi guys, I've noticed that the forums have kinda died down so I wanted to spark things up a bit.
This was my first year and I loved the 'togetherness' feel of the challenge. We had an absolute blast but there were also a whole lot of hiccups and other stuff.
I'm guessing that there are a whole lot of hilarious stories out there that are just waiting to be told.

So what are your 'horror stories'? And what are some of your best memories from the weekend?
Just post anything that happened over the weekend. It's good to hear from other teams. :)

Have fun, Faith.

Team Homeschool

Want your film reviewed? I'll do the first 10 in this thread.

Hi Liam,

Thanks so much!!!! This is our first year so a review would be great! No one who went to our heat has done one so this is a blessing.

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/second-time-lucky/

We had such a blast making it and I am proud of it, seeing it's the first film I've ever directed. :)

Thanks, Faith

Team Homeschool

Changes to the Wrap Up Form

in reply to Sam Spooner:

Having thought about it a bit more, I guess the freebies are just extras. They don't actually say on the website: "You will all receive freebies from the HP support team".

Team Homeschool

Changes to the Wrap Up Form

in reply to Sam Spooner:

I totally agree with you, although unlike you, we were based in central Auckland.
We didn't get anything. It was our first time so it was a little bit discouraging to not have much support. I feel like having to reply to those texts was a waste of time.
I mean, there were over 160 teams in Auckland and the amount of freebies they gave out was only a small fraction of that!
I guess they'll just have to take it as a learning experience and do better next year.
Great idea, but they needed more.

Team Homeschool

The deal with watching heats

in reply to Morgan:

Sorry, just the website says "Teams can bring up to 20 friends." which I took to literally mean 20 friends/family added to the team. No worrys. I do realise if all the teams brought along 20 friends as well as the team then the cinema would fill up quite quickly! :)

Team Homeschool

The deal with watching heats

Is it 20 people in addition to the team or is it 20 people including the team?
We've got 8 team members wanting to go and we've all got parents and friends wanting to come too. Disadvantages of having a big team, I guess.

Team Homeschool

Watching Heats

I'm interested in seeing what some of the other films are and I live quite near to the theatre so was wondering if it's okay to go watch a heat even if our movie isn't in it?

Team Homeschool

We filmed in the wrong ratio!!

We accidentally filmed our movie in 3:2 and are now having headaches trying to get it into 16:9.
It has a black frame right around it when we export it with the settings: h.264 and widescreen PAL 16:9.
Adobe Premiere isn't letting us export it with both the Youtube 1080 setting and the 16:9 ratio.

We are school team Team Homeschool and we don't have any adult who actually knows anything about editing on our team so any help will be appreciated.