VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by alexliu

Posts by alexliu

alexliu
Since: Oct 2016

Calling out steelpotato

Five years is a long time to hold a grudge on something pretty insignificant.

Shout out to steelpotato, I've only had one film reviewed by you as I've only directed three and one of those was in Auckland, but your feedback is highly appreciated and makes me want to do even better next year. Keep it up man, glad you enjoyed our film (Team Stock Standard).

alexliu

Reflection?

in reply to Sam Prebble:

I cannot wait to see your film, I've heard nothing but praise. Unfortunately I can't make the finals due to being in Australia working on another project (which sucks as this is the first time I've made 48 finals...). Have to wait for a screening room upload! Good luck!

alexliu

Reflection?

Wellington numbers seemed to be down this year too.

Our shoot went mostly smooth, minus a locked-in actor pulling out on Saturday morning!!

After finding a replacement, we had everything in the can by 9pm Saturday night (bar a couple of CU pickups shot Sunday morning). Having said that, we had a massive break between about 3pm-6pm Saturday as we waited for night to fall for externals, so 70% of the film was cut in those three hours.

Hand in was 6:30pm and we're in finals for Welly with a few other nominations. Five minute max runtime was great, even though we were 5:00:00 to the frame! Really pushes you to cut down on any unnecessary dialogue and scenes, which is great practice for me outside of 48 Hours because I'm pushing my writing to be more slick.

alexliu

Dq'd for singing a song

Unfortunately, the melody does become copyrighted, it's a big grey area but it sucks. Also, music doesn't get covered under fair use :/