VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by Riblet

Posts by Riblet

Riblet
Since: May 2015

After effects titles (unrelated to the competition)

It's in a tab called "Paragraph". If it's not visible, you may have to click 'Window' in the top menu and make sure 'Paragraph' is ticked.

Alternatively, on a Mac the short cut is 'CMD' + '7' to bring up the paragraph window.

Depending on what workspace you're in, it'll probably pop up in a tab on the right hand side. It may be hiding underneath another tab, but you can click on the 'Paragraph' heading to reveal it.

Hope that's what you're looking for!

Riblet

Wellington Finals Botched!

I'm confused as to how there was a female nominated for 'best director' but yet they didn't win 'best female director'? Or am I missing something obvious?

Riblet

No city sponsors/prizes?

in reply to CAPSLOCK:

I think they should have probably shown all of the films first, then the awarding of the minor prizes, so the views could appreciate the results.

Totally agree. So many spoilers as well for films we were about to watch, and no sense of excitement or tension for the winners in the first batch of awards because the audience had no 'favourite' to root for.

Riblet

No city sponsors/prizes?

I'd guess, given the change to the smaller heats venue, plus the apparent lack of prizes - that budgets are much smaller this year (though I have no inside knowledge, and i'm sure there's a tonne of things that factor into stuff like venues). It's been kind of surprising, because it has felt like it's being getting bigger and better, and then this year seemed like a bit of a slump.

Riblet

Is the Wellington final time correct?

Gotta work towards the Oscars record of 4 hours and 23 minutes :)

Riblet

Nominations announcement?

in reply to Bridget Pringle:

Usually after the grand final announcements. Which won't be until after the city finals.

Riblet

And the nominations go to......

Riblet

It's pretty much evening, everyone start refreshing ;)

Riblet

in reply to daronjay:

We're all winners in our mum's eyes, and that's all that matters :)

Riblet

Uploading film

in reply to cam:

Wait a second? I didn't get an email from the Ham City manager? I've checked my junk folder repeatedly... HELP!

*Breathe* :)

Their city manager is a different one to yours, but all they're saying is "a city manager" from "a certain city" has confirmed that you can upload if you're not a finalist.

It just so happens your city manager hasn't sent anything out (and they don't have) but the same rules apply to everyone.

You're all good!

Riblet

A Plea for Reviews

in reply to ThreeoutofFiveStars:

Yep, it's been confirmed in another thread that it's all good to upload if you're not a finalist.

Now, if only they'd just release the nominations and then no one would have to worry about it anymore... ;)

Riblet

If you could have picked your own genre.

in reply to AJ:

http://youtu.be/qtlB7q96NMs

Riblet

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON

Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for the category nominations!

Riblet

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON

in reply to daronjay:

Do they play clips from the other categories like best cinematography, best actor etc, as you see at Oscars ;-) ? And do people come up for their awards.

Can't say for other cities but yes to both in Wellington (at least in the last few years that i've attended). It does make it drag a little long, but gives way more interest to the awards when you feel like you have an idea of who was nominated.

Riblet

Consistency is key

I think the more years you do the competition with a similar team the more you understand what you can and can't achieve in 48 hours, and what does and doesn't work as far as telling stories quickly goes. You also get pretty good at having set roles and not being a bitch about it.

Moffilaide is a pretty good example from Wellington whose been super consistant. They pretty much nail their structure and story every year.