VF48Hours 2020 Forum

Forum > Posts by Paulette

Posts by Paulette

Paulette
Since: Mar 2014

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

Jamie, Nivi and I had a play, they are treating this as an audition incase one of you guys like them and want to use them in the future for your projects
http://youtu.be/HP5vTnsOAa4
http://youtu.be/qcVtL2xszg0

Paulette

in reply to Andrew Todd:

no I dont think it is screwing people out of their ideas, people enter because they want to enter, we dont all jump up and down when we see reality TV programmes with a budget of 180k per episode while contestants give up their lives for three months with no pay, or the fake auditions set up for talent show TVS just so they don;t have to pay extras for the crowd scenes and then let people think they are audtioning when its just a bunch of students recording people with their iphones because the real auditions were shortlisted and are happening in another building, as I said before it is a great concept for the company which it is and I am sure the person who walks away with 10k will think it is also, would I have done it, maybe but I would have the entries on my own site driving them to that not youtube and had anti cheat one isp per vote system working, if anyone cheats on this they run the risk of losing their whole channel and all the entrants so I wouldnt of left myself open to that because it is a potential nightmare, if I was running a comp and liked someones ideas then I would like to work with them, who knows if they see something they like it may lead to other things, it may, it may not, just like people who enter choose to do so with their eyes wide open so the only people I really see who might be affected is an ad agency that might of missed one contract

Paulette

in reply to Toggywood:

sweet that is cool best one Ive seen

Paulette

in reply to Yossarian:

I hardly think that the odd pro active company trying to side step the costs of the ad agency concept fees are going to break the TVC production market, you would have to be pretty stupid to think it would, firstly no one with a brain is going to spend money on filming it so the product delivered will be like they are all looking which is really budget, so any concept they do like they will hire a proper production company to re create if indeed they do, and for people new to the industry it is a good little play for them, media advertising is evolving, more and more people are joining the industry every day, not sure what it is like on your side of the fence presming you are in production but we have had it sweet with high paying TVCs for a long time, this is not a new concept and I have seen it done in other parts of the world as a clever promotion to drive online traffic to their website, I would just hope that if they do pick up a few concepts to have remade they do the ethical thing and bring in the people to work along side the professionals

Paulette

Come on now

can I sneak this in here, sorry if it is off the subject and not appropriate

A couple of weeks ago one of the hardest working film mums I have ever met, was shot in her home in front of her 5 children who then had to save their mothers life. For those of you who dont know the Caulfield boys, and Rachael they are a major supporters of the film industry in Queensland and her commitment has helped many productions, she is still lying in a hospital bed and has just gone through many many operations and has a long road ahead of her. Someone has started a fund so when she gets out of hospital her and the kids have got somewhere to go, look even if it is just a few bucks please check out the page and show support to someone who supports so many https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/3jvK9

Paulette

What I learned this year

Wow, sounds like you guys had a wild time, you must of felt so buzzed though at hand in, what an adrenaline rush

Paulette

Toowit Toowoo - Entropy (featuring the cutest dinosaurs ever)

hey thats pretty cool

Paulette

Frauleins, oh frauleins - I am ball.

well you definately nailed the prop, will be interesting to see what they selected with best use of prop.
Very creative, I watched it twice

Paulette

Fractured Radius 2014 -- Morgan's Time

hey really nice camera work loved the shots and good sound as well, looked good

Paulette

Dumb Things People Do Around Film Crews...

in reply to dramamike:

twice by the same person?

Paulette

in reply to Andrew Todd:

there are some arses in the world aren't there

Paulette

some infested homeless guy wandered into unit when we were doing fatal contact, because we were dealing with 100 extras on the sick and dying scene we didnt really notice, people started scratching about an hour after meal break and on final makeup and wardrobe check we heard screams from the makeup, they said he was so infested the hair on his head moved constantly, security had to remove him 3 times that night

Paulette

in reply to weasel:

I agree, well said

Paulette

Auckland City Finalists and Nominees

Congrats to all the talented people moving through, really looking forward to seeing Asylum "Flicker" and Little Island Films -"Boy vs Wild", heard great things

But to eveyone not moving through congrats to you guys as well because hey to me you guys are all winning just from entering such a wild crazy extreme weekend

Paulette

I keep thinking about this years character

in reply to CraigWB:

golden I misspelt names as well but ours are on the film titles