VF48Hours Forum

Forum > Posts by weasel

Posts by weasel

weasel
Since: May 2011

Wellington Talent Available

in reply to Paulette:

HI there,

I hope you are well, do you have any people available at this point for next weekend?

Kindly
Andrew

weasel

Wellington - Actor or crew person available

HI Dee,
Did you manage to find a team?

weasel

Wellington - Actors and crew required

Hiya,
We are a Wellington based team and are still looking to fill some acting and crew positions for the weekend. We're a relaxed team, try not to stress to much, you don't need to have any experience, just be looking to have a good time ;)

weasel

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

If you take the first letter from each word it makes a sentence

weasel

Yossi,

I work on a factory line making toothpicks, I sharpen the tips individually. Years ago my chinese factory owner offered a prize to design and engineering students to build a machine that automated this part of the process. The winning submission crafted those toothpick machines so damn fine you could scratch dust from the pores in your skin.

Thats why im working there still

weasel

There has been a pretentious response to this competition. Basically:

- anybody is free to choose whether they enter, entry is FREE
- terms and conditions are clear and transparent
- the video with the most likes and referenced signups is the winner

Obviously a number of teams are professional teams who have a choice whether to enter and if they complement their access to tech. with an entertaining advertisement then they have a better chance of winning. How is this competition different to any other competition in which user submitted content is used in an after market promotion?

And teams that take up the option to participate are being exploited?

Go add some tears to your free range eggs

weasel

Which RĂ˜DE microphone to get?

I connected a basic Rode videomic to a telegraphic boom pole with copius quantities of tape (it had a shock mount) and a 25m 3.5mm extension cable and it worked extremely well.

Unbalanced connections get bad press and for many reasons it's legitamate (interference, hum etc) however you can work with this, we turned off appliances (microwave, routers), phones, televisions and made sure that our cables were run clearly and not over lighting cables, stands etc.. It's a little more setup but the audio came out crisp and clear, all for $229 mic $8 boompole $4tape $12 cable $1.50male - male gold adapter

weasel

What I learned this year

From using a cheap audiotechnica mic attached to the camera in previous years, this year I used a videmic (basic range) attached to a boompole with a 25m 3.5mm extension cable connected to my 60d with ML.
I was concerned about noise and hum using the extension cable but we turned off phones, routers, televisions, microwaves and made sure the 3.5mm input was taped into it's socked the sound came out crystal clear with very little hum (apart from the one scene where we didn't have it turned on).

Use of one location made things extremely simple, we were able to start filming at 4.30pm on Saturday, finish at 12pm and I had a rough edit complete by 7am, reshoots at 12pm (after a sleep) and a final edit together with some grading and had the choice of three renders when I left to hand in at 6pm

weasel

Renting Audio Equipment

in reply to NITRO:

Does the Globalmediapro M-107 Shotgun Condenser Microphone have an XLR or 3.5mm jack?

weasel

Out of Towners

Four of us worked in to the early hours of Saturday morning relentlessly brainstorming, theorising, discussing, debating, fighting. What came out from this though we though was pretty clever and pretty smart.

Our producer returned in the morning from picking up vehicles, generators, groceries (basically all the peripherals you need for a big budget feature film) and claimed it was incoherent and made no sense. A last minute re-write in order before our actors arrived.

The lesson to learn... The revised script had dialogue so wooden you'd think it was inspired by a Paul Walker movie marathon, a narrative structure so convoluted that understanding it was like trying to simulatenously watch Memento and Fight Club from mirrors whilst hanging upside down from the ceiling.

Perhaps next time

weasel

Team Size??

All you need for the one man production:

- String
- Moustache
- Ingenuity

weasel

More Music Deals

Wow. Fantastic work mate, some of the stuff on there is EPIC

weasel

Cameras being used for 2011

I have a Legria HV40 with lens attachment. No DV this year so looks like I won't be recording back to tape which was a pain last year.

For a camera so cheap you can get some really nice looking footage, especially locking the exposure in low light

weasel

CF bulbs for to replace the energy sucking Halos

Hi,

If you were able to get a supply I would be interested for sure