VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by Unicorns

Posts by Unicorns

Unicorns
Since: May 2011

2011 GRAND FINAL AWARDS & DISCUSSION

Thanks a heap Ant, my team and I were ecstatic about winnning Best All Female Team! None of us expected more than a memorable weekend to come out of the whole experience. And memorable it was, an amazing experience for me that I wish to repeat for every year to come and the Grand Finale was a great kickoff to my 18th birthday party! lol (we were the people that screamed when our award got announced btw, sorry if we gave anyone a fright, the lady next to me leapt right out of her chair).

2011:: SCCUNICORNS:: Do You Swing That Way? - Best All Female Team + Auckland: Best All Female Team

Unicorns

AUCKLAND FINAL 2011 - AWARDS

OIDHFOISDHFIOHSDAOIFHSDOAIFHOADS OHMYGOD WE WON BEST ALL FEMALE TEAM I HAD NO IDEA WE WERE EVEN NOMINATED!!! I was going to come to the city finals but the tickets were sold out osihdfodishafoishdfoihadsf I AM SO STOKED (I just ran around my school notifying all the team members). AHHH SO HAPPY :DDD Thank you!!

2011:: SCCUNICORNS:: Do You Swing That Way? - Best All Female Team + Auckland: Best All Female Team

Unicorns

When are city prizes announced?

in reply to sngeorge2:

I will compete with you for this >:D
I would like that or best school team, i think best female would be cooler though. You worked solo? Jeez that must have been hard work, you could get best female director.

Unicorns

AUDIENCE VOTES AUCKLAND - UPDATING NIGHTLY

I don't know what all this hubbub is about but I was super stoked that my team came third in heat 10, it was our first time doing V48hours and none of us have made a short film before (were all year13 students). Thanks to anyone who voted for us! Sucks that that short film about the dudes in wheelchairs was disqualified, it would have got number 1 otherwise (but then we wouldn't have come third, so not that bad).

Unicorns

Locations used

In Auckland, shot on playground at bottom of Mt Eden, saw another V48 group walk past while filming on the Saturday, SO AWKWARD, exchanged stares.

Unicorns

Who else did the V48 for the first time?

in reply to JacksColdSweat:

@Jackscoldsweat Haha yeah same here on the directing, I'm just a student I've never had to direct people beyond myself. Watching the final product by myself felt a bit emotional as well lol

@Smarty Ohmygod we had an ENDLESS amount of food, we fed our crew and actors totaling 21 over the entire weekend, just eat whenever you wanted and at the end of the weekend still had a massive amount of food left which we moved into our year13 common room at school, big brownie points with the rest of our year for that. We had an all girl team and the main thing we had in common was a love for some sort of media and a love for food, so naturally so much fooooood. *reminiscences about the food* 4:30AM hot chips, so goooood.

Unicorns

Review sheets for all auckland heats

Ahhh radical, thanks a bunch, I will pass this on to the rest of my group, I told them doing reviews was compulsory, I suspect many of them wouldn't have bothered otherwise, I'm the only one who checks the site so they have no idea. :D

Unicorns

Who else did the V48 for the first time?

First time for me, first time for my school, I was the one who put the idea forward, not at all expecting anyone to go for it so I was so stoked with just everything by the end of the weekend.

It was so much fun, I learned loads during the time and I can't wait to do it next year, hopefully with a bunch of equally fun, cool people (I'll be at uni next year).

And yeah, certainly agreed with Josh, we did what we could, preparing everyone by talking about it lots, making sure food, accommodation and everything was ready and well organized. But there was no way we could have predicted that the weekend would be that awesome or go the way it did. And yeah, every time I attempt to explain it to someone I get a few sentences out and I sorta give out cos words don't seem to do it justice. Definitely the highlight of my year so far, I can't wait for next year.

Unicorns

How do the Heats Work?

in reply to Ant Timpson:

o-o I thought it stood for high definition?

Unicorns

How do the Heats Work?

Do you use an apple or a windows laptop in the screenings? I don't know about anyone else but our movie plays perfect on an apple and not so good on a windows due to it being rendered/made etc. on an apple.

Unicorns

Where is everyone at?

Got in with 16minutes to spare then buggered off home, exhausted but part of me sorta wants to do it all over again right now.

Unicorns

Where is everyone at?

nargh sidfhdiushfidsuhf envious of you Micheal. We have a v/o throughout and we just started editing it, standing around waiting for editors is killer! This is gonna be close!!!!

Unicorns

Where is everyone at?

Farout, that sucks sngeorge2, gonna be intense for you today! Got most of our filming done yesterday, stopped when the sun did. Late night (2:30am) excursion for getting sounds on our set without to much car interference. Editors and all other crew are asleep while me and my co-director work in shifts on the editing, she's literally snoring a metre away from me on a mattress on the floor. Man its freezing tonight!

Unicorns

Branding on clothing?

If there's some sort of brand or common logo a piece of costuming, like a t-shirt or jumper, big no no? Is this alright or should we avoid this? Or does no one care/notice/its all good?