VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by Dawkward

Posts by Dawkward

Dawkward
Since: May 2013

Heart Shaped Locket - Music Video (Cardboard Animation)

That was sick star striker, very slick and seamless

2016: Suede Mystery - Actor, Composer, Writer
2015: Loyal Buddy Film Wellington City Winner, National Runner-Runner Up, National Best Actor/Editor - Actor, Composer, Writer
2014: adz4u Film within a Film - Actor, Composer, Writer
2013: Bags Horror Wellington City Finals - Actor, Composer, Writer
2012: Sticks and Stones Fantasy Adventure (Late) - Actor, Composer, Writer
2011: Sketch Road Film Wellington City Winner, National Finalist, National Best Cinematography/Score - Composer, Writer
2010: Loosely Attached Twin Movie - Actor, Audio Technical

Dawkward

Calling out steelpotato

Steelpotato has reviewed our film almost every year since we began. The feedback on our film wasn't always positive, and one time I was so offended I made a counter-review just to argue my point against him (we're all allowed to be a little immature from time to time).

Anyways, the point is that he has reviewed basically every film we've made and we've made 7. And ultimately, we've learned valuable lessons and honed our film-making skills thanks to his and many others feedback. He's committed countless hours to the spirit of the competition under no obligation and now his commitment has paid off, with him being in the judging booth this time. Even still, he continues to review film after film.

Seeing the comments (someone in) your team had made about another film, and seeing as Steelpotato had no official affiliation with the 48 hour comp at the time, makes me think that he absolutely should not even consider stepping down. He apologised and recognised his fault.

2015: Loyal Buddy Film Wellington City Winner, National Runner-Runner Up, National Best Actor/Editor - Actor, Composer, Writer
2011: Sketch Road Film Wellington City Winner, National Finalist, National Best Cinematography/Score - Composer, Writer

Dawkward

City Nominees Ranking

Suede got fairly mixed reception on the reviews page but we're proud of what we made. Can't wait to see the Welly finals next week, especially LOVE.EXE. Have heard wonderful things about it and what an incredible looking screencap on the posters thread!! Ahhhhh next Friday couldn't come any sooner..

Dawkward

City Finalists discussion thread

in reply to steelpotato:

Sigh I knew we should have included puppets

Dawkward

Free Dust Explosions

This great, very generous of you to make these for people. I can't help, I wouldn't know how or where to start but good on you.

Dawkward

Grand Final Chat

I think there were a lot of visual effects done and done really well. Because all of the shots were on tripod, they could mask out pedestrians and cars in the background (Definitely time consuming stuff). That's what I think. Someone knew what they were doing with after effects or a similar program. Even in the morning, I don't think Auckland is ever that desolate.

Dawkward

Animations 2015

in reply to Sam Harris:

Sam your animation was incredible. Please keep doing things like this. Me and my brother were pissing ourselves the whole time but that scene with the screaming skeleton made it for me. I can't explain why. Consider me spooked.

Lovely bongo drums, yours was fantastic. Was great to see it on the big screen. Can't wait to see what you do next year.

Dawkward

Wellington Finals Botched!

in reply to Newsboy:

Here's hoping we're both there next year then! Seriously, cant wait to see it! But perfectionists will be perfectionists. Suppose it pays to nail it before it's immortalised on the www. I read steelpotatoes review on your film and I need to see this interdimensional fridge portal.

Dawkward

Wellington Finals Botched!

in reply to Newsboy:

I agree with the consensus about the awards. PS Newsboy when are you putting up your damn film?! I loved Fistcop, reminded me of farcry blood dragon and Kung Fury for obvious reasons (if you haven't seen the 30 minute release of Kung Fury, do it asap!)

Dawkward

Find Me A Māori Bride - new TV series

It's actually really good. A lot better than I expected. Reminds me a little of the DownLowConcept in terms of humour.

Dawkward

A Plea for Reviews

What's more important to you, being in the top twelve or having a chance to make a great film (which by the sounds of it, you did)? Child Jumpers by Grand Cheval won the entire competition on their first entry.

Dawkward

Any clues when Regional Finalists will be announced

I don't think Wellington regional finalists will be announced tomorrow. Kelly just tweeted saying she doesn't think she's allowed to.

Dawkward

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

Ok guys, threads over. There is no topping Kawiti's entry.

Dawkward

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

I think it sounds like a cool idea for people who want exposure (and money) for themselves. I don't understand the insistent negativity going on. Gives amateurs the opportunity to get some more practice making films (and maybe winning some money for new gear)!! And they are pretty down to earth, much more than other companies (I know it's PR, but it's good PR imo)

Go Budgie! This is better than 99% of the publicity stunts that power companies spew out.

Dawkward

Clunkiest compulsory line ever?

Looking forward to seeing yours this year, Alastair. And we didn't have too much trouble with the line this year, although people do seem to use it with alcohol a lot. Like us.