VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by fallback

Posts by fallback

fallback
Since: Apr 2011

NZFF 2013 Wishlist

BEFORE MIDNIGHT opens before the festival.

From Cannes, two of my favorite directors:
THE BASTARDS (Claire Denis)
THE GREAT BEAUTY (Paolo Sorrentino)
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR, STRANGER BY THE LAKE, and BORGMAN have also got good notices, with the latter getting compared to DOGTOOTH.

also:
THE GRANDMASTERS (Wong Kar-Wai)
COMPUTER CHESS (Andrew Bujalski)
SIDE EFFECTS (Steven Soderbergh)
THE EAST (the guy that did SOUND OF MY VOICE)
THE ACT OF KILLING (Joshua Oppenheimer)
EVERYBODY IN OUR FAMILY (Radu Jude)
and whatever the new Hong Sang-Soo movie is called.

My #1 most anticipated movie is LEVIATHAN; will be gutted if it doesn't play.

+1 Jodorowsky, Carruth, Dupieux, Campos, Malick, DePalma, Wheatley, Stephenson, VANISHING WAVES, ERRORS OF THE HUMAN BODY, A BAND CALLED DEATH, and KID-THING in particular.

Surprised no one listed THE WORLD'S END ...

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

"Not many new films" + "We will break the record" = CAN. NOT. WAIT.

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

RSVP me.

Did a horror movie marathon yesterday with my brother:

IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA
FROGS
TUCKER AND DALE VS. EVIL
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
DEMONS
LEPRECHAUN 3
RAW MEAT

RAW MEAT was great, but the wrong movie to close on.

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

I get back on Thursday the 27th. Working the 28th. Would be incredibly keen for a horror movie marathon on the 29th and/or the 30th! I have some new terrible treasures I'll be returning with as well ...

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

No way in hell YOU'RE NEXT will play - Lion's Gate is keeping that shit under lock and key until next year, they even cancelled the 2nd screening at Fantastic Fest.

I'll be really surprised if APOLLO 18 plays - by all accounts it's fairly terrible and I'm surprised it's still getting released in NZ.

Apart from WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, the biggest awesome of Fantastic Fest so far has been CLOWN. Like a Danish version of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, with equal doses of THE HANGOVER and DELIVERANCE thrown in, all filtered through the Danish humour sensibility. And with an 11-year old kid along for the ride. So wrong, and the most I've laughed in a theater all year. Apparently it's based on a TV show that there's a 14-disc collection of. I think I need that.

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

5:00 AM: "Punish!" - SINGAPORE SLING (1990, 111mins)

fallback

NZ Film Festival

... meanwhile, TAKE SHELTER and CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS would be on my dishonorable mentions list, and MY JOY would be scraping the honorable mentions. Subjective taste is subjective.

I missed THE TRIP - that bad, huh?

I'm thinking the car itself in I SAW THE DEVIL must have been CGI - or perhaps partially mechanical but with holes for the camera to move in and about. T'was amazing.

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

The differences in the Korean and international versions of I SAW THE DEVIL.

While it's grim as fuck, I am slightly surprised that it ran afoul of Korean censors. Maybe it's because I didn't have four assholes behind me talking when I watched it, but I felt like SYMPATHY FOR MR. VENGEANCE was a tougher watch.

fallback

NZ Film Festival

For anyone wondering about the different versions of 13 ASSASSINS (we got the short one): http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=212290

They also have a page for I SAW THE DEVIL, which I'll be visiting after I see the movie, as it's spoiler-laden. Apparently with that one both versions have slightly different material.

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

PARALLAX VIEW absolutely rules. An all time fave.

fallback

24 Hour Movie Marathon

*crosses fingers for November*

fallback

NZ Film Festival

Think you mean HOUSE OF THE DEVIL :p

Though I would have paid anything to see you ask Ti West about his motivation for using footage from the videogame in the movie HOUSE OF THE DEAD ;)

fallback

NZ Film Festival

watched CELL 211 last night. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK is that good.
also watched THE SILENT HOUSE. That: not good. Very not good.

fallback

So .. FCP X is in the Appstore

My twenty cents on people complaining about people complaining about FCPX.

Yes, that's meta. Whatevs.

fallback

So .. FCP X is in the Appstore

A very good explanation as to why it's not just a matter of waiting for Apple or 3rd parties to add functionality.

Also, a good rule of thumb - if your information from FCPX is coming from somebody who is making money off of FCPX via training material or the like, take it with a massive fucking chunk of salt.