VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Forum > Posts by debzk

Posts by debzk

debzk
Since: Apr 2011

Off Topic - Our Kickstarter

Outstanding - loving this. Best of luck!

debzk

I keep thinking about this years character

in reply to CraigWB:

We definitely overcooked telling the audience he was a liar..if i had more time in the edit...

debzk

Failure rate?

in reply to themorgan:

I did 6 or 7 full renders while I tested (by sending to the TV so I could watch on a different screen) and tweaked.

such a good tip....will definitely be doing this next year!

debzk

What I learned this year

We got musical which I kinda wanted as we had an awesome musician on our team - there's no way our movie did her talents justice...hoping that the sound levels are OK at screening...

We had an absolute ball...only thing I think I should have done this year differently is to render off and watch the movie in a different space before the final tightening up of the edit. especially for the sound levels.

Other than that I think we did all we could do with musical...in the time we had...so lucky to have such a great team behind me, still singing :)

debzk

It's quiet. Too quiet.

in reply to IctusMortem:

Hee hee... better be quick with the editing then, I hear I've only got till 7pm on Sun...then its toast with the Weesleys...

debzk

'Flat 3' web series

Just started watching and got a bit hooked! Well worth a look.

debzk

It's quiet. Too quiet.

I'm here, I'm here...
...can't sleep - to excited...had amazing dream, Peter Jackson was on my team. He had a green glass left eye and I could fly. I think its an omen...
:)

debzk

Some concerns about bit rates

Hi,
Just setting a preset for my export settings...
What should my settings be then for Target bitrate (i have it at 10.01 at the mo)
and Maximum Bitrate (also at 10.01).
Should I be setting my target bitrate at 80. or 90?

debzk

Road closure by Dux Live

in reply to Section59:

I wasn't aware of that!... thanks for posting:)

debzk

What Would You Change in the 48 Hours Comp?

in reply to Craig:

Awesome competition and I like the weekend its held in, good timing for me.

I like this idea of no canned 3rd party music altho I will prob regret saying that if it ever comes to pass!

debzk

Review Required Rating

I don't think it matters to much how many stars you give a film. Its a crazy comp where amateurs are playing with with pros...(I love it!). I certainly take that into account when my movie is reviewed.

As long as you give 2-1 commendations to recommendations and end the review on a commendation I think you look after egos ok.

debzk

Hey Ant.

Amazing weekend every year. Thank you, thankyou thankyou....

debzk

What I have learned this weekend...

in reply to DylanReeve:

Will definitely do :)

debzk

What I have learned this weekend...

Got great audio, but never managed to match it up. Learnt from last year edit to use the camera audio..which is acceptable (well to me in 48hrs!) when in close ups.
Wanted to match the good audio up on the dialogue bits. Only I never managed to as the audio was acceptable and other things needed attention more.
16min render on AdobeCS6. Standard 4 year old PC. Very happy :)

debzk

Congrats, everyone.

Most polished film I have ever got to the finish line ON TIME!!!. Think my team knows I am now totally Cra Cra as laughed so hard at nothing quite often as the sleep deprivation set in. (only 3hrs sleep entire weekend!). Looking forward to the heats. Had an amazing crew, wonderful actors everyone worked so hard.
AWESOME.