Since: May 2012

2012 AUCKLAND WINNERS

in reply to zer05um:

can't say too much but there were definately cuts in there

brutallyhonest

2012 AUCKLAND WINNERS

in reply to Taunise:

Im sorry i didn't realise I had to say more about that film in my "spiel" as you put it, but to be brutallyhonest the performance from Will is the only thing that stood out for me, given that his performance encapsulated the story and the shooting completely did the right thing for HIS journey what more do you want me to say? that is all
Like Seacrest - brutal "out".

brutallyhonest

2012 AUCKLAND WINNERS

Wow, what a great night, 99% of those films were amazing, there were two films there that I tought wtf? but anywho ... I definitly thought Sinstral were robbed of something .. anything .. I mean their film was amazing!! you have to watch that, LenseFlare's was good, personally I didn't think the script was great and the award was given more so because of what they pulled off with the one-shot genre although it was clearly edited?? but the cinematography was very very good. ADHDMi, I don't know about this one, I mean it looked fantastic but to me the whole technique seemed to bore me after a while and the one-liner at the very end of the film was a tad pretentious ... BSS great from a new team, Will Wallace this guy is a legend! thedownlowconcept, now I'm guilty of attacking these because I was expecting to see the usual downlow flavour but this year they came with something different and I give it to them I really enjoyed their film, script was engaging throughout Josh is hilarious and doesn't have to try he just is, all three actors had great timing and chemistry camera work including the heli-shot were flawless and great that the heli-shot wasn't used just for the sake of it they were the right shots to tell the story - script paramount. the Wiz-nap film a definite highlight for me, they were both great actors and the simple leaf-throw was hilarious. Goodfellas, having spoken to these guys last night I was shocked to hear they only started shooting late Sunday arvo? and finishd shooting after 4pm wtf, touching on what Dylan said this film was obviously missing some technical touches but their story to me was still clear and typical Goodfellas quality. Love in decay, I have to be honest the animations to me have always felt like 'this one's for you guys over in that corner' BUT I actually enjoyed this film and found myself slightly tantalised by the female lead ...

Sinstral ... I am gutted for you guys and hoping you guys get the Wildcard you guys deserve it.
Brutal "out".

brutallyhonest

2012 AUCKLAND V48 FINALISTS

in reply to PeterHansen:

Good job, you're in with a very long list of pros! congrats

brutallyhonest

in reply to brutallyhonest:

does anyone know if the nominees for 'Best use of ...' are up somewhere? Or am I the only one who stays on these forums 24/7?

brutallyhonest

Are the nominees for best use of ... being posted today?

brutallyhonest

AUCKLAND AUDIENCE FAVOURITES

in reply to Sam Spooner:

first time .. thats pretty bloody impressive! congrats! looking forward to seeing it

brutallyhonest

in reply to themorgan:

yes that's what I meant thank you .. can't wait to see what Sinstral has in store for us this year, and Idiotvision

brutallyhonest

even if you haven't been chosen as a crowd favourite placegetter, when do you find out when the Auckland final is?

brutallyhonest

in reply to Jason Fitch:

I was saying I disagree with you in that I think the audience favs should stay, but acknowledge that yes the old vote for your own team no matter what does occur, that is what I don't agree with ... I guess theres no real way to combat that it just comes down to people being honest, I know from the 3 heats that I've watched the results are quite fair ... your past team sounds like a bunch of tossers

brutallyhonest

in reply to Jason Fitch:

I disagree I think if a film really doesn't place in the top 3 then theres probably a good reason why, and some of it has to come down to teams being honest and not stacking there supporters and then on top of that telling them not to vote for that team just because they know someone. I'm in a small team and every year we hardly have any supporters come, not that feeling sucks when you see other teams come in with huge supporters and lots of howling etc. Audience favs to stay I say, it doesnt mean much but a nice way of letting 2nd and 3rd place getters they're on the right track

brutallyhonest

in reply to Ant Timpson:

Yes, but I feel like if the judging was up to people who consistently watch all the films every year, I personally think their films would look same same after a while compared to lots (if not most) of the other teams who every year bring a new style, and new look.

brutallyhonest

in reply to Toby W M Sharpe:

well im going to be brutallyhonest here and you're right, although I am a fan of yours Mr Sharpe, having seen the trailer I don't think I will like it. I will watch and hope that it is good, because we all need local tv and film to perform well BUTTTTT not my cup of tea I'm afraid

brutallyhonest

in reply to Conan the Barbarian:

Here Here! Great team with a great result