VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

Budgie
Since: Apr 2014

Feed for this Topic

Win $10,000 cash for making a 30 second Ad!

Just wanted to let you know about the Budgie Ad Comp 2014. I am sure that you had a great time on the 48, so now get your team together and make a 30 second ad for Budgie Power and win $10,000 cash!

Details can be found here at www.budgieadcomp.co.nz

Entries are now open, and given the winner is based on likes, the sooner you enter the more time you have to promote your ad

Best of Luck

Budgie!

Paulette
Since: Mar 2014

in reply to IronFilms:

they are just covering themselves so if they see a concept they like and they reproduce it down the track there is no comeback, it is a clever move on their behalf because it saves them lots on advertising agencies and production companies which if they are doing something decent will cost them 40k on the budget side of the fence to well the last sky tv ad cost around half a mil to shoot but they had cranes hanging off of the city life building for the 2 second part where the man puts on his power boosters

Paulette

in reply to weasel:

I agree, well said

Andrew Todd
Since: Apr 2011

in reply to Paulette:

they are just covering themselves so if they see a concept they like and they reproduce it down the track there is no comeback, it is a clever move on their behalf because it saves them lots on advertising agencies and production companies

Because screw paying people for their ideas, right?

If you can convince people to do work for free (no matter how), that's just good business sense, and as we all know, having good business sense makes you a good human being.

GHOST SHARK 2: URBAN JAWS available for download or stream
Senior Contributor at Birth.Movies.Death

2020 Lockdown - "The Quiet Moon" - Science Fiction
2019 - "Schism" - Science Fiction (National finalist; Chch 3rd place + Best Cinematography; Toronto After Dark and Morbido Fest 2019, Chattanooga Film Fest 2020)
2018 - "Utka" - Wish (National finalist; Chch winner + Best Script + Best Animation; Kiev International Short Film Festival 2019 and Abycinitos 2020)
2011-2017 - Christchurch 48HOURS City Manager
2010 - "I Am Single" - Rom-Com (Chch finalist + Best Art Direction)
2009 - "New Fish" - Musical (National runner-up + Best Score, Chch winner)
2008 - "√úbermensch" - Horror (Chch finalist)
2007 - "Pain Killer: The Sick Sense" - Superhero (Chch finalist)
ALSO - "As Of Yet Unfinished" (2012, unofficial); "The Contender" (2010, finals intro)

Yossarian
Since: May 2011

in reply to Andrew Todd:

Andrew! She just said in the other thread that all her income comes from getting her talent in ads. Let's just all sit back and watch her destroy her career quietly ;)

I make music to go with pictures, and music to just be by itself. You can email me if you would like:
thebemshaswing@gmail.com

Toggywood
Since: May 2014

We decided to take up the challenge - Team Toggywood's entry is at

It's a late entry compared to the others, but if you happen to think it was alright then please log into YouTube and give it a Like!

Cheers,

Team Toggywood
Tauranga

Paulette

in reply to Yossarian:

I hardly think that the odd pro active company trying to side step the costs of the ad agency concept fees are going to break the TVC production market, you would have to be pretty stupid to think it would, firstly no one with a brain is going to spend money on filming it so the product delivered will be like they are all looking which is really budget, so any concept they do like they will hire a proper production company to re create if indeed they do, and for people new to the industry it is a good little play for them, media advertising is evolving, more and more people are joining the industry every day, not sure what it is like on your side of the fence presming you are in production but we have had it sweet with high paying TVCs for a long time, this is not a new concept and I have seen it done in other parts of the world as a clever promotion to drive online traffic to their website, I would just hope that if they do pick up a few concepts to have remade they do the ethical thing and bring in the people to work along side the professionals

Paulette

in reply to Toggywood:

sweet that is cool best one Ive seen

Paulette

in reply to Andrew Todd:

no I dont think it is screwing people out of their ideas, people enter because they want to enter, we dont all jump up and down when we see reality TV programmes with a budget of 180k per episode while contestants give up their lives for three months with no pay, or the fake auditions set up for talent show TVS just so they don;t have to pay extras for the crowd scenes and then let people think they are audtioning when its just a bunch of students recording people with their iphones because the real auditions were shortlisted and are happening in another building, as I said before it is a great concept for the company which it is and I am sure the person who walks away with 10k will think it is also, would I have done it, maybe but I would have the entries on my own site driving them to that not youtube and had anti cheat one isp per vote system working, if anyone cheats on this they run the risk of losing their whole channel and all the entrants so I wouldnt of left myself open to that because it is a potential nightmare, if I was running a comp and liked someones ideas then I would like to work with them, who knows if they see something they like it may lead to other things, it may, it may not, just like people who enter choose to do so with their eyes wide open so the only people I really see who might be affected is an ad agency that might of missed one contract

clang
Since: Apr 2011

Still working on mine - 20 seconds of animation is still a lot of work :(

But yeah, other than being dubious about any comp which uses internet voting (and many do, these days), I'm happy enough with the concept: spend a few hours making a funny ad (unless you're silly enough to do animation, in which case rather more hours), have a laugh, have the chance to win some bucks. In my case, having miserably failed to complete 48 Hrs, I'll be happy to get any project finished...

Paulette

Jamie, Nivi and I had a play, they are treating this as an audition incase one of you guys like them and want to use them in the future for your projects
http://youtu.be/HP5vTnsOAa4
http://youtu.be/qcVtL2xszg0

Frosty Peterson
Since: May 2012

in reply to Kawiti Naitoro:

You sir have my $10,000 vote.

2013 Partially Inconvenient Films: Channel Changer - non-dialogue (CHCH best use of Camera Element)
2012 Cheese Bricks: Fresh Start - Inspirational