VF48Hours Forum

Yossarian
Since: May 2011

Feed for this Topic

Whichever dickhead who was involved with the Clonix Orb and is reviewing as "48hourlover"

Stop being a dickhead.
You want to review your own film at 10 stars repeatedly? Cool.
You want to review mine negatively for calling you out, go ahead.

Stop reviewing others in the heats positively and giving them shitty scores. ie "Great! must see film!-3 out of 10"

It's obnoxious as fuck and doesn't even help you get through.

You're not even cheating well.

I make music to go with pictures, and music to just be by itself. You can email me if you would like:
thebemshaswing@gmail.com

Paulette
Since: Mar 2014

in reply to AJ:

is it sad I understood that

c0ina
Since: Apr 2011

in reply to Yossarian:

Dunning-Krueger

So much this!

Rowox

in reply to Paulette:

I know I am shit at grammer lucky I dont need it in my job

*grammar

Wgn 2019 The Directors "The Big Number"
Wgn 2018 Ahrjeebee "Connection Interrupted"
Wgn 2017 Ahrjeebee "Salvage"
Wgn 2016 PuppyGuts "DICKS"
Wgn 2015 PuppyGuts "Beyond the Fridge"
Wgn 2014 Dusty Tapes "To Darkness"
Wgn 2013 Dusty Tapes "The Rescue Party"
Wgn 2012 PuppyGuts "Fetus 5000"
Akld 2011 Meat Pie "Truth Unseen"
Akld 2010 Meat Pie "Bruised"
Akld 2009 Rising Phoenix "Till The Day We Die"
Wgn 2007 Fargish "The State of Georgia"
Wgn 2006 Fargish "It Returned to the Abyss"
Wgn 2005 Team Awesome "Cock Fever"
Wgn 2004 The Insomniacs "Terry's Package"

Yossarian

"I supplied extras to a film once" =/= "I have worked on the biggest features in NZ, USA, UK and Australia in the last 15 years"

I haven't attacked the Clonix Orb at all - I haven't mentioned a single opinion of it in this thread. I did say that a documentary about all this stuff you're doing would be more entertaining, but in my defence that documentary would probably be the greatest film ever made.

Chill out, find your punctuation keys, and adjust your business practices to the point where your name isn't associated worldwide with "scam".

I make music to go with pictures, and music to just be by itself. You can email me if you would like:
thebemshaswing@gmail.com

Paulette

hmmm ok thought I was dealing with someone who may of been put out by one of my team members actions if this is not the case I will leave you all to entertain yourselves
goodluck for the decent people who may be on this thread, I think this film comp you guys do is just insane and fun, I met a couple of really decent people from it that I hope to work more with in the future, last night I watched a few really good shorts
I meant no offence to homosexual people when I mentioned Jevan Goulter or Hamish Coulter whichever name he uses these days as being that gay guy,

Paulette

in reply to Rowox:

and that is the very reason I suck at scrabble

weebey

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Paulette's claims, i don't work in the business, yet i have met many industry heavyweights over the years in my travels and adventures around the world.

For instance just a few months ago i was down in christchurch on business and had just closed the deal on very big multi national contract. i had a few days to kill so i thought i would go out and explore the place in a little more detail. one morning (a sunday i think) i was taking my cat for a walk in the park in port levy when i suddenly notice these two people with great big pillow sacks foraging for chestnuts and fejoa "why that looks like Chris Pine and Margot Robbie" i say.

I walk in closer and ask why they would be collecting such things this close to the water treatment plant and they tell me that it greatly inhances the flavour in the fruit. they go on to tell me that they have just wrapped Z for Zachariah and are working on a little desert for the wrap party that is going on later that night. They invite me along and we begin to talk about possible additions they could make to there dish. I suggest chris should pop down to the local 4 square and purchase there finest bottle of brandy and use it as a finishing touch on the sauce for the desert.

Anyway the desert went down a real treat and everyone had a fantastic night.

c0ina

notice the part where they weren't on an internet forum bragging about how important they are?

Yossarian

in reply to weebey:

You may not work in the industry yet, but you certainly have the punctuation, overall writing style, and believability of a seasoned professional of 20 years down ;)

thebemshaswing@gmail.com

melpentecost

this is amazing. a film within a film genre would be the way to go ;)

Auckland
2014: "Mind Creep": adventure
Wellington
2011: "Up the Coast": romance
2009: "One Bad Apple": conspiracy theory 2006: "Love Bound" : romance
2008: "One Night in Picton": buddy flick
Dunedin
2004: "Pie Wars":

twitter: @melpentecost
youtube: /melissapentecost

nimlin

I have been around for more than twenty years and once met the celebrity basil brush, if you can call a large welsh man with his hand up a puppets arse a celebrity, and I always thought meet nife was spelt meat knife, but hey what would I know or is that wood no?

YouTube has my stuff

http://nz.youtube.com/nimlin

the coffee pixie has been freed! yay! all is good in the world. someone please save Nimlin!
Otaki is the centre of the universe!
(because Aunty Hira said so, and she should know)

Yossarian

in reply to nimlin:

maybe it's an Arnie style action movie threat?

"Face, meet nife, Ahaha"

thebemshaswing@gmail.com

IronFilms
Since: Dec 2012

Good grief, I'm away for a day and this is now four pages long??

@lightandplanetary awww... thanks for the compliment! Am certainly keen to also get involved in any other short films before next year's 48hrs. Already did one more short film the weekend after this contest, was another 48hr film competition! (http://www.sci-fi-london.com/48-hour-film-challenge) Ha, I must be mad to put my poor sleep deprived body through this....

My next one will be for the Rode Competition, which will have to be some time within the next month. (but after my Rode NTG-2 arrives, fingers crossed for early next week. As it is an essential requirement for entry)

If you want to get in touch and discuss anything at all, feel free to contact me: http://ironfilm.co.nz/

@c0ina: nooo... this isn't Liz Shaw 2.0! And I've met both :-o NZ is such a tiny tiny country....