VF48Hours Forum

Yossarian
Since: May 2011

Feed for this Topic

Whichever dickhead who was involved with the Clonix Orb and is reviewing as "48hourlover"

Stop being a dickhead.
You want to review your own film at 10 stars repeatedly? Cool.
You want to review mine negatively for calling you out, go ahead.

Stop reviewing others in the heats positively and giving them shitty scores. ie "Great! must see film!-3 out of 10"

It's obnoxious as fuck and doesn't even help you get through.

You're not even cheating well.

I make music to go with pictures, and music to just be by itself. You can email me if you would like:
thebemshaswing@gmail.com

funboy
Since: Apr 2014

The biggest thing to me that undermines what you're saying Paulette, is that you don't know what a fullstop is. ...

lightandplanetary

in reply to funboy:

Oh god, I'm so glad someone said it. I think I missed half of the BS in her rambles from lack of punctuation.

2016 THE DEER IN THE DAWN - Busted Satellite Films
2015 SNIPE! - Busted Satellite Films
2014 MEET ME AT THE ALTAR - Busted Satellite Films
2013 MOEBIUS TRIP - Team Carnivorous Morrissey
2012 SURCEASE - Hybrid Motion Pictures

lightandplanetary

in reply to themorgan:

I wish there was a 'like' option for this reply.

lightandplanetary

in reply to IronFilms:

I have to say, the best (only?) part of the Clonix film was the Cinematography IMO.

Feel free to join our team next year if you are at a loss!

Rowox

in reply to funboy:

The biggest thing to me that undermines what you're saying Paulette, is that you don't know what a fullstop is.

And please for the love of the spaghetti monster in the sky, stop using 'of' instead of 'have'.

Wgn 2019 The Directors "The Big Number"
Wgn 2018 Ahrjeebee "Connection Interrupted"
Wgn 2017 Ahrjeebee "Salvage"
Wgn 2016 PuppyGuts "DICKS"
Wgn 2015 PuppyGuts "Beyond the Fridge"
Wgn 2014 Dusty Tapes "To Darkness"
Wgn 2013 Dusty Tapes "The Rescue Party"
Wgn 2012 PuppyGuts "Fetus 5000"
Akld 2011 Meat Pie "Truth Unseen"
Akld 2010 Meat Pie "Bruised"
Akld 2009 Rising Phoenix "Till The Day We Die"
Wgn 2007 Fargish "The State of Georgia"
Wgn 2006 Fargish "It Returned to the Abyss"
Wgn 2005 Team Awesome "Cock Fever"
Wgn 2004 The Insomniacs "Terry's Package"

Yossarian

Holy crap.

Holy crap guys.

I think I've figured out the dastardly scheme in full.

Paulette claims she entered to get stuff for her actors showreels. While 48 hours is a lot of fun and some teams produce amazing results, it seems insane to want to use the results as part of a showreel to get pro work. Why wouldn't you put together a short film or even just some individual scenes outside 48 hours where proper time and care could be taken to get the best possible results?

Unless, of course, you didn't want to pay a cinematographer, soundie etc. Where's the one place you can easily get people of a pro standard to work for free? The one place where the rules actually state you can't pay anyone? The one place people will work their asses off for a laugh and a can of V?

48 hours.

It's all become very clear, very quickly.

I really, really hope that paulette didn't:

A) Do a whip round of cast and crew to cover the entry fee

and/or

B) Charge her cast for their showreel like she does headshots.

At least we know why the characters accents kept changing now.

I make music to go with pictures, and music to just be by itself. You can email me if you would like:
thebemshaswing@gmail.com

Paulette
Since: Mar 2014

in reply to Yossarian:

no dude you didnt read everything properly again,
I have worked on the biggest films NZ has produced over the last 15years but obviously your career hasn't extended to feature or studio work otherwise you would know agents don't end up getting credited, it just doesnt happen
nor do agents only work on film, TVCs is where all the money is for us and thanks to MEAAs play 2 years ago TVCs will be the bread and butter for most industry related people probably for another 2 years because noone is coming back in a hurry.

It seems you are very bitter over someone who gave you 3 stars for your review, I am sorry but are you really in the right industry if you turn so nasty and bitter to random strangers. Agents are the meet nife that spreads the butter on a sandwich we are the only ones who are never judged for our work actors and filmmakers are, I know actors have got to be thicked skinned, but really 3 stars sparked so much nastiness and bitterness.

Winner

Paulette

in reply to Rowox:

I know I am shit at grammer lucky I dont need it in my job

c0ina
Since: Apr 2011

Liz Shaw 2.0, ladies and gentleman.

lightandplanetary

in reply to Paulette:

You had me at "Meet nife"

Paulette

in reply to Yossarian:

oh what an imagination you have, maybe you should of used it more for your film.
Oh I do bits and pieces with my talent, I did post the links, you seem to miss a fair bit
also it is the talent that get their own showreel footage, as I know this is very very expensive and actors and new people cannot afford these costs, I do help where I can, if there is an opportunity for them I take it, thats my job

Yes my team got to a free dop and from that he got a free actor the following week and also he is getting hooked up with people more experienced for bigger and better things

soundie is getting a bunch of people for free for a music video

there is a reason why I have been around for 20years I know how to work ethically, NZ is such a small town all the real arseholes disappear from this industry pretty quickly because everyone refuses to work with them

Yossarian

I wasn't involved in the movie 48hourlover gave 3 stars to - there's no review from 48hourlover on my film at all :)

I am sorry if I have misread anything you have written and am sure it is an issue with my reading comprehension :)

Please continue posting straightforward, honest, uncontradictory, legible posts and I will do my best to follow them :)

And yes, I do concede you have been around for 20 years, because the fair go reports, complaints, and warnings about your scams do go back to the mid 90's when googled.

When looking for future collaborators who have strong ethics, I will endeavour to make sure that Google autocompletes "scam" when I put in their name, as this is apparently a sign of honesty.

thebemshaswing@gmail.com

thingsweregood
Since: Mar 2012

in reply to Paulette:

no not actually a fraudster although I recall some gay guy who tried to rip off my talent calling me a child neglecting salvo stealing con woman but hey you found that link

Why has him being gay got ANYTHING to do with it?

Hamilton Manager
Rialto Channel 48Hours

Yossarian

in reply to Paulette:

You know you wrote this, right?

"Ive worked on the biggest films that have come out of NZ in the past 15years as well as UK USA and AUS"

It's on page 1 of this thread. People who work on features get credited. Agents don't work on features, they represent those who do.

I would suggest your boasts of working on features are incorrect, and I doubt you have represented those who have. The biggest films to come out of NZ in the last 15 years are LOTR and the Hobbit, in which all of the leads are hollywood A listers. I would suspect they are not represented by a double fair go subject operating in Kaitaia.

thebemshaswing@gmail.com

AJ

in reply to Paulette:

Agents are the meet nife that spreads the butter on a sandwich

Look I don't want to start any trouble, but shouldn't you use a butter nife to spread butter on a sandwich? If you use a meet nife you're just gonna mangle the bread.

Kind Regards
Muhammad, Praise be unto him

Christchurch City Manager 2018-2019 | My Favourite 48Hour Films | The 48Hours Podcast

Les Cousins Dangereux
2017 Not Again (Alien)
Christchurch Runner-Up | National Finalist (Peter Jackson Wildcard)
2016 A Time and a Place (Time Travel) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
NA
2015 #apocalypse2k15 (The Last Person on Earth) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
Christchurch City Finalist/Best Art Direction
2014 Something New (RomCom)
Christchurch Runner-Up/Best Use of Line/Best Script/Best Original Song/Best Editing | National Best Use of Prop
2013 Bourbon Legends (Crime)
NA

AJ

Source: I've made over 500 sandwiches in my life and have worked with some of the best nifes to come out of NZ, AUS, UK and the world.

Christchurch City Manager 2018-2019 | My Favourite 48Hour Films | The 48Hours Podcast

Les Cousins Dangereux
2017 Not Again (Alien)
NA
Christchurch Runner-Up/Best Use of Line/Best Script/Best Original Song/Best Editing | National Best Use of Prop
NA

lightandplanetary

in reply to AJ:

Are you sure you don't just represent those meet nifes that make the sandwich? Surely you would be on sandwichdb.com if you had actually been involved in the sandwich making itself.

AJ

in reply to lightandplanetary:

Clearly you've misuderstuud me i have worked with only the best nifes and becoz im an agent im not often represented on sandwichdb.com because we fly under the radar.

I make sandwishes foar very different rasins as most of u would

Les Cousins Dangereux
2017 Not Again (Alien)
NA
NA

Paulette

in reply to Yossarian:

hmmm seriously do you think they flew out all the body doubles featured extras, extras etc really, oh ok so it wasnt your film that someone gave three stars to you just decided to attack another film randomly then

yep going places

Yossarian

Man, I remember when this was just some obnoxious fail-cheating getting called out. At the time, I was young, naive, I thought that was peak lol for this situation. But it just keeps escalating in to new realms of hilarity I never thought possible. We are on a rocket to the stars - the good ship Dunning-Krueger.

thebemshaswing@gmail.com