VF48Hours Forum

Yossarian
Since: May 2011

Feed for this Topic

Whichever dickhead who was involved with the Clonix Orb and is reviewing as "48hourlover"

Stop being a dickhead.
You want to review your own film at 10 stars repeatedly? Cool.
You want to review mine negatively for calling you out, go ahead.

Stop reviewing others in the heats positively and giving them shitty scores. ie "Great! must see film!-3 out of 10"

It's obnoxious as fuck and doesn't even help you get through.

You're not even cheating well.

I make music to go with pictures, and music to just be by itself. You can email me if you would like:
thebemshaswing@gmail.com

Robstar Rapper
Since: Jun 2013

lol. Let him be. When he walks home with no awards.... That's the part that will suck for him. But unfortunately you can't do anything about the haters. Just like a critic who gives a restaurant a bad review, just gotta learn to suck it up. Boycotting and deliberate sabotage are just how people strive to bring others down. Keep your chin up and salute him with the middle finger.

2019 - Team Indeed 'Kaiju Online' ULTRA48
2017 - Team Indeed 'Rock The Night'
City Finalist/Nominated for something (Gisborne)
2016 - Team Indeed 'Bromancing The Stone'
City Winner & Grand National Finalist, National & Regional Best Original Song (Gisborne)
2014 - Mahuika Productions 'Enigmatic Future'
Best Original Score/City Finalist (Gisborne)
2013 - Team Indeed 'SuperHero Musical'
Best Original Song/2nd Audience Favorite/City Finalist (Gisborne)

CraigWB
Since: Apr 2011

Unfortunately someone like that only really corrupts the average ratting system as I doubt the scores have anything whatsoever to do with the judging process.
There isn't even a prize or anything for best reviewed film, Maybe the review board needs a moderator to delete self reviewers and people who screw up the scores as I think receiving feedback on your film is incredibly important for the 48 and for many teams it's the only thing you can really take away from it i.e. something to learn from.

Team Spielberg craigbickerstaff@me.com +64212166821
The longest running non-finalist in the competition.
2019 Burgled on High : Musical ULTRA
2018 The How, The What, The Who and The Why : The Heist Movie ULTRA
2017 Operator Part II Twin Souls : Thriller/Horror One Room ULTRA
2016 The Real Time Movie : What kind of day has it been
2015 Other Dimension Movie : Rift
2014 Race Against the Clock : EIGHT POINT FIVE
2013 Musical : Wolfgang
2012 Horror : The Unrested Soul
2011 One Room (Horror) : Operator -- Audience favourite
2010 Twin Movie : Secrets in Dowsing
2009 M Night Big Twist Film : The Unfinished
2008 Drama : Breakfast at Four
2007 War : Purple Heart
Sakura Productions
2006 Musical : Sardines
2005 Mockumentary : Smuggling for Dummies DQ'ed

Paulette
Since: Mar 2014

in reply to Yossarian:

Hi I am Paulette I am the leader of the Charlie and the Dreammakers The Clonix Orb, I am really sorry but I have no clue who that person is that you are talking about by the comments it had to be a camera person because my actors wouldnt mention transition of scenes, my editor and dop have more class than to do that which leaves me to think it could only be one other which I am sorry but I have my own issues with that person who is out of control and I want nothing more to do with them and thats without this being brought to my attention. So I do apoliguise if anyone associated with my team has done this, I wasnt taking notice of any of it as the whole review system means nothing to me.
I entered this competition for very different reasons than most

Kind Regards
Paulette Edser

Paulette

in reply to Yossarian:

actually the gimbal I thought it might of been wasnt even there that night, it isnt our dop because he would of given the other film he is credited in 10 as well, our editor I believe him hasnt even been on to vote for us and he wasnt there and to ethical, I know its not the actors because they just dont use language like that when talking about film, so my guess is that it is someone who knows one of the camera guys with some sort of technical knowledge for the comments made so I am at a loss I dont think that 48hour filmlover person is or was actually part of our team I don't know it has me stumped and it seems a bit stupid really I don't place any weight on these reviews because well it's a bit disorganised, I've run international voting events in the past but made sure the sites we had built for it only allowed one ip per login to reduce vote cheating then we had filters that alerted us to voting down and when that occured the ip address involved was banned
Any way I will interigate my actors to find out if they know anything but the more I think about it and look and the comments and language that is used the more stumped I get

Kind Regards
Paulette

Paulette

ok guys I did find the culprit no shane not lying, why would I need to, as I said I entered this for very different reasons than you film makers, Ive worked on the biggest films that have come out of NZ in the past 15years as well as UK USA and AUS, so this probably doesnt mean the same thing to me as it does to you, if I wanted to cheat I would of put a marketing department on it, there would be an extra 2000 voters and we would be sitting in number 1 not floating around 10 and it would be done in a way where our score would be between 4-7 averages, but hey I see no point in that because I am not that invested in shorts, now if there was 50k tied up in it somewhere hey I maybe tempted, actually I don't even think I would bother for 50k maybe 80k but any cheating seems pretty pathetic to me as does all the shit now written on both of our pages which makes us both look like dicks more than anything, so can I call a truce now I have dealt to the situation, and can we all remove the crap because it all looks really pathetic and childish
can we agree

Kind Regards
Paulette Edser
feel free to text me when it is done so I dont have to keep checking the status of the situation 0279516402

Joshua Rollo
Since: Apr 2014

What the!

Rock and Rollo
2017 - Mary's Descent - Audience Favourite

Peter Haynes

Ah, forum drama….how I missed thee :)

Team Haynesfilm/Ow - Affluent Syndicate
48 Hours Old Boys Club - Lifetime Member
Forum Winner: Best Snapping Dog award, 2012

48hrs 2003 - 'Rockqueste' (Fantasy)
48hrs 2004 - 'Flashman' (Musical)
48hrs 2005 - 'Jungle Fever' (Action) Audience fave, Regional finals, Peter Jackson Wildcard
Moonlight shorts 2006 - 'Two Worlds' (Finalist)
48hrs 2006 - 'Phairytale' (Fairytale) Audience fave, Regional finals, Best Actress
48hrs 2007 - 'Cowboys and Indians' (Western) Audience fave
48hrs 2008 - 'Three's a Crowd' (Romance)
48hrs 2009 - 'The Loneliest Vampire' (Musical) Audience fave, Regional Finals, Best score
48hrs 2010 - 'Two Timer' (Time Travel) Audience fave, Regional Finals
48scs 2011 - 'The Human Centi-V'
48hrs 2011 - 'Stuck in the Mini with you' (National Winner: Best Road Movie)
ABC's of Death - 'T is for Talk' - 2nd Place internationally
48hrs 2012 - 'Blackout' (Found Footage) Regional Finals
MMHM 2013 - 'Penance' - Final 6
48hrs 2014 - 'Flicker' (Time Travel) Audience fave, Regional Finals, Peter Jackson Wildcard, National Finals
48hrs 2015 - 'Katy Harrison: Grooming a Superstar' (Rockumentary) Audience fave, Regional Finals, National Finals
48hrs 2016 - 'Mahnamana' (Puppet Movie) Audience fave

New Zealand's most epic webseries
http://www.afkwebseries.com

c0ina

in reply to Paulette:

ok guys I did find the culprit no shane not lying, why would I need to, as I said I entered this for very different reasons than you film makers, Ive worked on the biggest films that have come out of NZ in the past 15years as well as UK USA and AUS, so this probably doesnt mean the same thing to me as it does to you, if I wanted to cheat I would of put a marketing department on it, there would be an extra 2000 voters and we would be sitting in number 1 not floating around 10 and it would be done in a way where our score would be between 4-7 averages, but hey I see no point in that because I am not that invested in shorts, now if there was 50k tied up in it somewhere hey I maybe tempted, actually I don't even think I would bother for 50k maybe 80k but any cheating seems pretty pathetic to me as does all the shit now written on both of our pages which makes us both look like dicks more than anything, so can I call a truce now I have dealt to the situation, and can we all remove the crap because it all looks really pathetic and childish
can we agree

Kind Regards
Paulette Edser
feel free to text me when it is done so I dont have to keep checking the status of the situation 0279516402

is this a parody account?

if so, BRAVO. genius.

if it's real... **facepalm** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning_Kruger

AJ

Guys don't mess with her seriously she'll get her people on you.

Christchurch City Manager 2018-2019 | My Favourite 48Hour Films | The 48Hours Podcast

Les Cousins Dangereux
2017 Not Again (Alien)
Christchurch Runner-Up | National Finalist (Peter Jackson Wildcard)
2016 A Time and a Place (Time Travel) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
NA
2015 #apocalypse2k15 (The Last Person on Earth) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
Christchurch City Finalist/Best Art Direction
2014 Something New (RomCom)
Christchurch Runner-Up/Best Use of Line/Best Script/Best Original Song/Best Editing | National Best Use of Prop
2013 Bourbon Legends (Crime)
NA

Yossarian

The different reason you entered, it didn't have anything to do with this, did it?
http://tvnz.co.nz/content/671454/2483318.xhtml

I mean, you've obviously got a detailed plan on how you would subtly cheat by lowering the average score but having 2000 people review your film, a ruse that would be sure to fool everyone when there aren't that many reviews in total, for all the films entered, for the past however many years....

I don't look like a dick at all, more a hilarious, handsome, champion of the people.

I make music to go with pictures, and music to just be by itself. You can email me if you would like:
thebemshaswing@gmail.com

c0ina

Holy hell googling this woman is fascinating!!!

Top auto completes:

"paulette edser complaints"
"paulette edser fair go"
"paulette edser con"

she is literally all over the internet as a con woman and fraudster.

this is amazing!

MORE POPCORN!

themorgan

in reply to Paulette:

as I said I entered this for very different reasons than you film makers, Ive worked on the biggest films that have come out of NZ in the past 15years as well as UK USA and AUS, so this probably doesnt mean the same thing to me as it does to you

So we've established that you think you're extremely important.

if I wanted to cheat I would of put a marketing department on it

Says the woman who has been on Fair Go more than once over her interesting business practices.

can we agree

Probably not.

Frauleins, oh frauleins
2019 | Frank & Beans | Buddy Movie | ULTRA48 | DQ :) | Auckland Winner: Best Disqualified Film
2018 | MUST LOVE BOTS | Anti-RomCom | ULTRA48 | Heat 4 Audience Fav, Auckland Short List, Auckland Finalist: Best Script
2017 | I am ball 2 | Survival | ULTRA48
2016 | The Littlest Punk | Punk | Auckland finalist: Best Original Song
2015 | Crumbs | RomCom, Animated | DQ & Very bad!
2014 | I am ball | Musical, Animated | Auckland finalist: Best Use of Prop
2013 | Crybaby | Race Against Time | Boring!
2012 | S.U.L.A. | Urban Legend | Puppets
2011 | Kill Therapist | Revenge | Writer, Director, Actor | Notorious
2010 | Action Manu | Biopic | Writer, Director | Boring

Fractured Radius
2009 | All's Fair | Musical/Dance | Co-Writer
2008 | The End | Drama | Co-Writer | Auckland winner
2003 | F.I.T. | Cop/Crime | Peripheral

themorgan

in reply to c0ina:

MORE POPCORN!

Yep.

Frauleins, oh frauleins
2019 | Frank & Beans | Buddy Movie | ULTRA48 | DQ :) | Auckland Winner: Best Disqualified Film
2018 | MUST LOVE BOTS | Anti-RomCom | ULTRA48 | Heat 4 Audience Fav, Auckland Short List, Auckland Finalist: Best Script
2017 | I am ball 2 | Survival | ULTRA48
2016 | The Littlest Punk | Punk | Auckland finalist: Best Original Song
2015 | Crumbs | RomCom, Animated | DQ & Very bad!
2014 | I am ball | Musical, Animated | Auckland finalist: Best Use of Prop
2013 | Crybaby | Race Against Time | Boring!
2012 | S.U.L.A. | Urban Legend | Puppets
2011 | Kill Therapist | Revenge | Writer, Director, Actor | Notorious
2010 | Action Manu | Biopic | Writer, Director | Boring

Fractured Radius
2009 | All's Fair | Musical/Dance | Co-Writer
2008 | The End | Drama | Co-Writer | Auckland winner
2003 | F.I.T. | Cop/Crime | Peripheral

Yossarian

in reply to c0ina:

IMDB credits for this internationally acclaimed producer etc:

1:Casting director (for a film that hasn't entered production yet)

and...

nope

no, that's all.

thebemshaswing@gmail.com

lightandplanetary
Since: Apr 2014

in reply to Paulette:

Shit this is hilarious. I have two questions:

1) Who was the culprit then? and lol at you going through your team members one by one accusing them in a public forum, bet they loved that.

2) Why are you entering a filmmaking competition at all? since you aren't "like us filmmakers"! Sorry it doesn't promise you your usual $80k you must get for your everyday projects *rolls eyes*

2016 THE DEER IN THE DAWN - Busted Satellite Films
2015 SNIPE! - Busted Satellite Films
2014 MEET ME AT THE ALTAR - Busted Satellite Films
2013 MOEBIUS TRIP - Team Carnivorous Morrissey
2012 SURCEASE - Hybrid Motion Pictures

AJ

Let's make a film about this.

Kind Regards,
Alex Jones

Christchurch City Manager 2018-2019 | My Favourite 48Hour Films | The 48Hours Podcast

Les Cousins Dangereux
2017 Not Again (Alien)
Christchurch Runner-Up | National Finalist (Peter Jackson Wildcard)
2016 A Time and a Place (Time Travel) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
NA
2015 #apocalypse2k15 (The Last Person on Earth) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
Christchurch City Finalist/Best Art Direction
2014 Something New (RomCom)
Christchurch Runner-Up/Best Use of Line/Best Script/Best Original Song/Best Editing | National Best Use of Prop
2013 Bourbon Legends (Crime)
NA

nimlin

in reply to AJ:

do you think Paulette would be interested in playing herself in the film for say I don't know maybe $80k ballpark figures?

YouTube has my stuff

http://nz.youtube.com/nimlin

the coffee pixie has been freed! yay! all is good in the world. someone please save Nimlin!
Otaki is the centre of the universe!
(because Aunty Hira said so, and she should know)

Yossarian

in reply to nimlin:

I think the best thing to do would be to do a wide casting call, charge $150 for headshots for all applicants, and then just move to a different town.

thebemshaswing@gmail.com

nimlin

in reply to Yossarian:

but keep the same name ;)

YouTube has my stuff

http://nz.youtube.com/nimlin

the coffee pixie has been freed! yay! all is good in the world. someone please save Nimlin!
Otaki is the centre of the universe!
(because Aunty Hira said so, and she should know)

Paulette

in reply to lightandplanetary:

showreel footage for my talent