VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

LiamM
Since: May 2015

Feed for this Topic

Want your film reviewed? I'll do the first 10 in this thread.

Yep, I'll review your film. I'm not brutal, but I am constructive, so if you don't want any negative things said about your film, you probably don't want me writing about it. But I almost always find something to like and I'm sure yours is no different.

The only two catches are:
1) I will DEFINITELY review the first ten films that pop up here. I might do any that appear after that, but no guarantees.
2) Reply to this thread with a link to THE SCREENING ROOM (ie. your film must be uploaded to the screening room) and the one thing about your film you're most proud of.

Please feel free to review other people's films on this thread yourself. It's always good to know how people react to the things we create.

Love, Liam. xoxo

2020 Lockdown Pendulum (solo, horror) | Mitchell's Here
2019 Unsolicited (ULTRA, solo, Gross-out / cringe comedy) | Mitchell's Here - Auckland Nominee: Best Animation
2018 Self-A-Were (Splatstick) | Mitchell's Here - Auckland Nominee: Best Film, Animation/VFX, Script, Sound Design, Use of the Puddle
2017 The Virtual Robber (Crime) | Mitchell's Here
2016 Stuck Together (Bechdel) | Mitchell's Here
2015 Floored (Mystery) | Mitchell's Here - Auckland Nominee: Best Film, Best Female Performance, Best Animation
2014 Particularly Unusual Bedtime Stories (Shock Ending) | Mitchell's Not Here - Auckland Winner: Best Use of Character
2012 According to Plan (Found Footage Rom-Com) | Fail Bagel
2011 Repressed (Horror) | Fail Bagel
2009 SoundshackFM (Real Time) | The Unpredictables
2006 Battle of the Children's Playthings (Puppet) | 8 Ink

CraigWB
Since: Apr 2011

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/operator-part-ii-twin-souls/

I think I was reasonably happy with the look of the film and how it came together considering I had to cut things I didn't really want to cut to make the 5 minute limit. The push ins are a bit rougher then I'd like it to be but that's because it was on a roller dolly instead of tracks.

Team Spielberg craigbickerstaff@me.com +64212166821
The longest running non-finalist in the competition.
2020 Lockdown Read, are the tea leaves : The Unwanted Guest
2019 Burgled on High : Musical ULTRA
2018 The How, The What, The Who and The Why : The Heist Movie ULTRA
2017 Operator Part II Twin Souls : Thriller/Horror One Room ULTRA
2016 The Real Time Movie : What kind of day has it been
2015 Other Dimension Movie : Rift
2014 Race Against the Clock : EIGHT POINT FIVE
2013 Musical : Wolfgang
2012 Horror : The Unrested Soul
2011 One Room (Horror) : Operator -- Audience favourite
2010 Twin Movie : Secrets in Dowsing
2009 M Night Big Twist Film : The Unfinished
2008 Drama : Breakfast at Four
2007 War : Purple Heart
Sakura Productions
2006 Musical : Sardines
2005 Mockumentary : Smuggling for Dummies DQ'ed

Rowox
Since: May 2011

www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/wellington/salvage/
Proud of our location and art direction the most, I think.

We've had no reviews at all so what a way to kick it off :)

Wgn 2019 The Directors "The Big Number"
Wgn 2018 Ahrjeebee "Connection Interrupted"
Wgn 2017 Ahrjeebee "Salvage"
Wgn 2016 PuppyGuts "DICKS"
Wgn 2015 PuppyGuts "Beyond the Fridge"
Wgn 2014 Dusty Tapes "To Darkness"
Wgn 2013 Dusty Tapes "The Rescue Party"
Wgn 2012 PuppyGuts "Fetus 5000"
Akld 2011 Meat Pie "Truth Unseen"
Akld 2010 Meat Pie "Bruised"
Akld 2009 Rising Phoenix "Till The Day We Die"
Wgn 2007 Fargish "The State of Georgia"
Wgn 2006 Fargish "It Returned to the Abyss"
Wgn 2005 Team Awesome "Cock Fever"
Wgn 2004 The Insomniacs "Terry's Package"

themorgan

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/i-am-ball-2/

I reckon the score is really solid, and I'm pretty happy with how well it worked pulling a bunch of different techniques together - paper puppets, 2.5D animation, as well as live action - and the sound is just generally pretty good. Not bad for a team of 2, anyway.

Always work with children.

Frauleins, oh frauleins
2020 | The Scary One with the Kid in the Photo | Unwanted Guest | LOCKDOWN | ...
2019 | Frank & Beans | Buddy Movie | ULTRA48 | DQ :) | Auckland Winner: Best Disqualified Film
2018 | MUST LOVE BOTS | Anti-RomCom | ULTRA48 | Heat 4 Audience Fav, Auckland Short List, Auckland Finalist: Best Script
2017 | I am ball 2 | Survival | ULTRA48
2016 | The Littlest Punk | Punk | Auckland finalist: Best Original Song
2015 | Crumbs | RomCom, Animated | DQ & Very bad!
2014 | I am ball | Musical, Animated | Auckland finalist: Best Use of Prop
2013 | Crybaby | Race Against Time | Boring!
2012 | S.U.L.A. | Urban Legend | Puppets
2011 | Kill Therapist | Revenge | Writer, Director, Actor | Notorious
2010 | Action Manu | Biopic | Writer, Director | Boring

Fractured Radius
2009 | All's Fair | Musical/Dance | Co-Writer
2008 | The End | Drama | Co-Writer | Auckland winner
2003 | F.I.T. | Cop/Crime | Peripheral

UNR3ALHAZARD
Since: May 2012

Haha, none of us can sing but would love another review on our musical, all feedback is welcome. https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/polly/

2017 - Polly
2016 - Foresight nominated Best Editing and Best Makeup
2014 - 2 Days to Die
2013 - Withdrawl
2012 - Council Maintenance

Joshua Rollo
Since: Apr 2014

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/wellington/marys-descent/

Hello Liam, we'd love you to review our film. We are proud of how it turned out. Really enjoyed making this. Cheers, Joshua

Rock and Rollo
2017 - Mary's Descent - Audience Favourite

Aliolio
Since: Aug 2017

Heck Liam, that would be amazing if you have time, https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/wellington/hattie-hatpin

I'm proud that our team of entirely non-film people managed to finish another animation - 48hours is pretty much the only time any of us do anything remotely film related!

We were quite time challenged, cutting out took way longer than allowed for, and we ran out of time for editing, so there's not much in the way of polish. But, er, let's pretend we were going for just that sort of roughcut style!

Ali

Toyhead Collective

Team Homeschool

Hi Liam,

Thanks so much!!!! This is our first year so a review would be great! No one who went to our heat has done one so this is a blessing.

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/second-time-lucky/

We had such a blast making it and I am proud of it, seeing it's the first film I've ever directed. :)

Thanks, Faith

2017 Second Time Lucky...? (Survival)

LiamM

I've been enjoying everyone's shorts so far. You should all have reviews waiting for you.

Haha, none of us can sing but would love another review on our musical, all feedback is welcome.

UNR3ALHAZARD, we were actually in the same heat, so I've already got you covered.

2019 Unsolicited (ULTRA, solo, Gross-out / cringe comedy) | Mitchell's Here - Auckland Nominee: Best Animation
2018 Self-A-Were (Splatstick) | Mitchell's Here - Auckland Nominee: Best Film, Animation/VFX, Script, Sound Design, Use of the Puddle
2015 Floored (Mystery) | Mitchell's Here - Auckland Nominee: Best Film, Best Female Performance, Best Animation
2014 Particularly Unusual Bedtime Stories (Shock Ending) | Mitchell's Not Here - Auckland Winner: Best Use of Character

JackG

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/hamilton/special-k/

We'd really appreciate any feedback.

jjosland

Hi Liam lucky number 10?

We were a bit too ambitious this year. Built a plane in the garage- wanted to do skydiving with swords. I think this was the limit for a 48hour film for us.

Mad Scientists
2020 Any Portal Will Do In A StormWho dunnit
2019 (School team producer: Breens B-Roll) Timeslingers Time Travel Film Christchurch Nominee for Best School Team, Christchurch Nominee for Best use of Genre
2019 (School team producer: Mini Mad Scientists) Miss Galaxy 3000 Science Fiction Film
Mad Scientists
2018 We'll just have to do things the long wayStar Crossed Lovers(ULTRA) Christchurch Best Art Direction Nominee
2017 Uber Cyborg 2.0 Sci-Fi Love (ULTRA)
2016 Wrong Target Mistaken Identity |Christchurch Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Film Nominee|Christchurch Best Art Direction Nominee
2015 Uber Cyborg Science gone mad |Christchurch Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Movie|Christchurch Best Costume Nominee
2014 One Man Army Against the Odds |National Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Film|Christchurch Best Team Intro
2011 Humpty Dumpty: The Untold Story Mystery
2009 Blackout Superhero
2008 Take As Prescribed Horror (Disqualified for being over length)
Nervous Poop
2010 48Hours Later Musical | Christchurch Best Bad Film Runner Up
Gorilla Pictures
2006 Rubix Dude and Wheelchair Mania Superhero Film | Christchurch Finalist, Christchurch Best Original Score, Christchurch Best Use Of Character, Christchurch Best Screenplay
2005 Mr Fluffy and the Robot Sci-Fi (Disqualified- 4 minutes late)

Craig Parkes
Since: Mar 2011

Hey Liam would be great to get a review.

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/gym-buddy/

Thanks!

Steve Austin

Hi Liam!

Just to add to Craig's post above - I'm most proud of how our film could easily stand up outside of the comp.

2017 - "Gym Buddy" - Buddy Movie - 6 Million Bucks - Team Leader/Executive Producer
2016 - "Jour du Biscuit" - Comedy of Errors - 6 Million Bucks - Team Leader/Director/The Police Detective
2015 - "The Breadmaker" - Last Person On Earth - Ask Me Tomorrow - Doctor Harper Harrison Senior/Stylin Beta
2013 - "Quarrelsome Heat" - Action/Advanture - TBALC - Carruthers/The Sandman
2012 - "Surcease" - Inspirational - Hybrid Motion Pictures - Production Co-ordinator
2011 - "Roundelay" - Mystery - Hybrid Motion Pictures - Producer, Co-Writer
2005-2010 - OPERATIONS MANAGER (2009/10) & THAT THERE CHRISTCHURCH CITY MANAGER GUY (2005-2010)
2004 - Buddy Movie - (Tape destroyed/files lost)

Captain sensible
Since: Sep 2017

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/hamilton/ill-tell-you-how-its-gonna-be/

If you're still feeling like reviewing then we'd love you to take a look at our film. Action was a poor fit for our team and is a real challenge in the 48hr no budget context!! I thought we did the smash cuts well though and got decent performances and generally clean footage. Came out a bit short due to it taking us so long to figure out what was possible, but c'est la vie....

Appreciate any feedback and Thankyou for offering this.

James Crompton
Since: May 2012

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/starseed/

If you have a spare moment please check out our kooky film:

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/starseed/

We are proud of the Soundtrack/ Costume/Art Department/Leads and its outside of the box liveliness and the fact we had fun making it.

Captain sensible

in reply to Captain sensible:

Hi Liam, Thought I'd help you out too and have posted a review of your film on the database. Cheers.

LiamM

All the films above have been reviewed. If you're only just reading this and think you've missed out, don't worry - I'll do ANOTHER ten films. Just add them to the forum with the thing you're most proud of.

Hi Liam, Thought I'd help you out too and have posted a review of your film on the database. Cheers.

Cheers, Cap. Always appreciated.

gilezboy

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/christchurch/you-ready-for-space/

We are a school team entering for our 4th time! We are very proud of the makeup, I like most of the cinematography and I think the actors did very well!

BradenM

Hi Liam,

First time entry - appreciate any feedback you, or anyone else have to give.

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/friendship-with-a-vengence/

Aussie56

Hi Liam,

https://www.48hours.co.nz/screening-room/2017/auckland/converge/

This was our team's first-year entry, aged of around 14 - 15. We are very happy with the outcome of our shots and with the feedback from others how well we kept the audience on the edge of their seats just like the thriller genre does.

Appreciated the time you take if you wish to watch and give feedback.

Many Thanks

2017: Converge - Thriller - Director/Team Leader

gilezboy

Hey Liam, Thanks heaps for the review! Much appreciated!