VF48Hours Forum

Searlo
Since: Apr 2011

Feed for this Topic

Ultra 2019 (and why you should do it)

Some interesting stats regarding Ultra: of the 34 teams that entered, 9 have made the Grand Final (excluding the PJ Wildcards). That could be due to a) more experienced teams take Ultra and tend to be better at the format, or b) the added restriction helps story. I’m more inclined toward the latter. Imposing restrictions helps story and encourages creativity.

I’m not sure how many non-ultra teams there were, but assuming 600ish seems fair. 6 non-Ultra teams made the Grand Final (so far) - which is 1% - significantly down on the 26% of Ultra teams.

While the numbers might be slightly off, it’s interesting to note the over representation of Ultra teams this year. It builds a pretty strong case for eligible teams to enter. (I am trolling Rowan a little on this, but curious as to what you think).

(Congratulations to all the finalists! Can’t wait to see all of them!!)

TBALC
2018: THE SPARES
2017: DOWN 2 THE WIRE
2016: DOWN TO THE WIRE
2016: WINDOWS
2015: THE SILENT MAN
2014: THE EX
2013: QUARRELSOME HEAT
2012: NICKY + EVE 19/5
2011: BAND OF BULLIES
2010: I AM SINGLE
2009: NEW FISH
2008: UBERMENSCH
2007: PAINKILLER: THE SICK SENSE
2006: WORM FLU AND YOU

dramamike

We enjoyed it this year.
We're one of those who didn't make the finals.
Will we do it in 2019?
Unsure. We're a bit of a collective in how we approach each year.
In regards to your theory, there is also option c- a little bit of a and b. This is my view.

2019 Depart'ners Buddy
2018 Thanks to the Academy Heist Ultra
2017 Forelsket Nutbar Films Buddy Sacrifice
2016 Con Troll Alt Delete Nutbar Films Horror Fan Favourite. City Finalist for Make-Up
2015 Hide and Seek Nutbar Films Mystery
2014 Confessions Nutbar, with a taste of Nimlin Film, within a film
2013 Made Maid Nutbar Films City Finalist for POV Shot Robot/Cyborg/Android
2012 I Still Dream in Colour Nutbar Films Action
2011 Raptured Golden Carrot Films Mystery
2010 Fraternal Fabrication Golden Carrot Films Twin
2009 I love you this much Golden Carrot Films Romance
2008 Luke Walker and the Golden Carrot William Shatner's Pants Animal

Jason
Since: Mar 2013

Ultra is a really fun added challenge. We didn't do it last year and while we were really happy with the film we made, we were kicking ourselves for not doing it at 7pm on that Friday night when Sequel was announced. I feel like the other elements have changed to be much easier too. We didn't even have to think about them last year. This year they all managed to flow into our story really easily. For any kind of challenge with elements I feel like Ultra is a must now.

I think that every team who has made it to the grand finals should automatically be required to do the ultra challenge every year following. It's crazy that Cool Story Bro was not qualified to compete in Ultra even after winning the competition. If they won't go as far as to make it a requirement of successful teams, it should at least be another way for them to be qualified.

www.youtube.com/JovialEntertainment

www.facebook.com/JovialEntertainment

2018 - Jovial Entertainment | Daddy's Little Angel (Splatstick) | 1st Audience Favourite + Grand Finalist. Auckland City Best Editor and best puddle
2017 - Jovial Entertainment | Pizza Money (Action/Ambition) | 1st Audience Favourite + Grand Finalist + Auckland City and Grand Finals Best Editing winner
2016 - Jovial Entertainment | Munchies (Dystopian) | 1st Audience Favourite
2015 - Jovial Entertainment | Perp(Mistaken Identity) | 1st Audience Favourite
2013 - Jovial Entertainment | Barry (Crime) | 2nd Audience Favourite
2012 - Black Forest Breathes | One Last Shot (One Shot / End of the World)

Mista Teas

That could be due to a) more experienced teams take Ultra and tend to be better at the format, or b) the added restriction helps story. I’m more inclined toward the latter. Imposing restrictions helps story and encourages creativity.

As most (if not all) of those Ultra teams have made the GF before I'd say it's more a case of them being proven quality film-makers rather than attributing specifically to ULTRA.

I think that every team who has made it to the grand finals should automatically be required to do the ultra challenge every year following

I'm not sure that imposing anything like this on entrants is a good way to go. As we pay the entry fee we should really be doing the comp how we choose to do it. ULTRA is fine as an optional challenge. Also how do you manage something like that? Purely on team names? How much of a team would need to still be in that team the following year?

ULTRA was fine this year (aside from some ambiguity around the "Main characters" thing). As I had U18 actors already in my team it wasn't much of a stretch as we were always going to have a story based around them. The challenge came more from the genre we got "Star-crossed Lovers". I'm pretty confident we would have made the same film irrespective of ULTRA as our focus in the Friday planning was all about the genre, not about ULTRA.

COMING SOON: End - Real Time
REVISIT: The Stile - Star-crossed Lovers; ULTRA48; CHCH25s

Everything Sticks since 2008
48Hr Films 2008-2019 48Sec Films 2008-2016

Mista Teas (Stu Gilpin) NATIONAL WINNER "Best/Most Prolific Reviewer" 2011 REVIEWS ARCHIVE

Jason

I'm not sure that imposing anything like this on entrants is a good way to go. As we pay the entry fee we should really be doing the comp how we choose to do it. ULTRA is fine as an optional challenge. Also how do you manage something like that? Purely on team names? How much of a team would need to still be in that team the following year?

Yeah I'd do it based on team names. I can understand circumstances change for teams and they may not have the same people each year that got them to the grand finals, but to me that seems like a good reason to change your name if you no longer feel like you're up to the challenges that team could have handled. It is a bit rough to force it on teams, but 48Hours isn't meant to be an easy weekend. To me it would be the same as forcing a team to do a genre they don't want like musical. We pay for that challenge and enjoy facing it with no time to doubt ourselves. I think we end up with a lot of great films in the competition this way that many teams might not have been able to do with complete creative freedom and time.

At the very least the 5 year wait time should be waived for grand finalists so if they want the challenge they can sign up for it.

2018 - Jovial Entertainment | Daddy's Little Angel (Splatstick) | 1st Audience Favourite + Grand Finalist. Auckland City Best Editor and best puddle
2017 - Jovial Entertainment | Pizza Money (Action/Ambition) | 1st Audience Favourite + Grand Finalist + Auckland City and Grand Finals Best Editing winner

Freezingfire

Our team took a vote to do ultra this year as sequel last year seemed to hurt many teams, although mostly because viewers hadn't seen the originals.

I pushed for it this year on the basis that we do better with more rather than less restrictions and that turned out to be true and has resulted in our first Grand Final appearance.

Johnathan Guest
Halcyon Entertainment
14 time 48Hours entrant
2018 Auckland City Winner

toowit toowoo
Since: May 2011

Ultra really helps you refine your ideas and strip away needless complexity. Although I think it was harder for live action teams, it was a real curve ball for us this year because we had rigged a bunch of adult human characters.

We had to decide if we would adapt the human characters into children or into some kind of zootopia type environment, which would have been a musical + antro animals in human situations + another genre. In the end it just seemed too conceptually layered, so we went back to basics.

What I'm saying is that without ultra we wouldn't have made a dinosaur rap, so I'd totally do ultra again.

2019: Banana Split (Coming of Age) ULTRA DUO
2018: The Land Before Rhyme (Musical) ULTRA DUO
2017: Glasnost 2: Blood Moon (Supernatural) ULTRA
2016: Chasing Tail (Cat & Mouse)
2015: Glasnost (Buddy)
2014: Entropy (Time Travel)
2013: Lights. Camera. Wasteland. (Reunion)
2012: A Grave Mistake (Horror)
2011: Keeping Station (One Room (Mystery))
2010: aVatar : A sign from Guarana (V48Seconds)
2010: Alex's Puddle: The Peequel (Ghost)
2009: Alex's Puddle (Big Twist)
2008: Lucky Break (Drama)

Bloydd

I think that Ultra should just be open to anyone!
The five-year thing only seemed like it was there to ensure you'd have films to do a sequel to in the first year. (Which I've already spoken at length about my feelings regarding)

Say if a professional production company is doing 48 for the first or second time & want the extra challenge and feel equipped to do so, they should be allowed to do it.

It's just an opt-in extra element essentially, shouldn't be left only to veteran teams in my mind. Also, along the same train of thought, veteran teams shouldn't necessarily feel obliged or forced to do it. For instance if it's your first year without some usual core members, may you're not feeling as prepared and with no knowledge of what aspect of filmmaking it will effect, maybe you just want to play it safe for a year, as something like that is already a massive added challenge for your team. HAVING SAID THAT, if you've done it plenty of times before & especially if you've won the whole competition before, don't be a pussy & just do it.

Although if it changes to being open to anyone, I'm not really a fan of the other elements being relatively inconsequential and then Ultra being the only real challenge to include, which is what it felt a bit like this year.

Richard Martin

DRAGON V MOUSE - Team Leader
2018 - Baby on Board - Fish-Out-of-Water (ULTRA)
2017 - Grisly - Horror Comedy (ULTRA) - CHCH finalist + Best use of Character (A Female)
2016 - Trap - Cat & Mouse - CHCH Finalist + Best use of Tech Element
2015 - Repent - Last Person on Earth - CHCH Finalist
2014 - Bearly: A Revenge Movie - Revenge - CHCH Finalist + Best use of Tech Element
2013 - 'Trigger' - Converging Storyline
2012 - 'Elmerdale' - Fantasy Adventure
2011 - Refuge - One Room/Horror (We don't talk about this one)
2010 - 'Everything You Need To Know About Sex (But Were Too Thick To Realise)' - Sex Education - Audience Favourite
2009 - 'Behind Closed Doors' - Real Time

Producer - The 48 Hours Podcast

Andrew Todd

Personally: having run the Chch comp for seven years and done pretty well in the comp prior to that, there was no way I couldn't do Ultra. It'd have felt like a cop-out.

Unless it's something that requires prior entries to exist, I do think Ultra should be open to everyone, though. Perhaps with a disclaimer that "we strongly advise that you don't do this unless you've done it for 5 years or more". When all the experienced teams go for it and nobody else is even allowed to, it creates a weird class divide within the comp, and I don't think the organisers have ever wanted to do that.

I wonder whether there's a more perfect distillation of the idea of "Ultra" than the animals/children rule though. "Never work with children or animals" has become such a well-known truism of film production and showbiz, and it ended up being a wonderful inspiration and enabling constraint for a lot of teams.

And fwiw, I still think "sequel" was a strong offer that didn't get taken up creatively by many teams. We got mostly pretty basic interpretations of what sequels can be - not many films that stood on their own, and wayyy too many flashback sequences.

GHOST SHARK 2: URBAN JAWS available for download or stream
Senior Contributor at Birth.Movies.Death

2019 - Deep Dish Pizza Wolf (Duo/Ultra) - Розкол - Science Fiction
2018 - Poutine Wolf (Duo/Ultra) - "Utka" - Wish (National finalist, Chch winner + Best Script)
2011-2017 - Christchurch 48HOURS City Manager
2010 - TBALC - "I Am Single" - Rom-Com (Chch finalist)
2009 - TBALC - "New Fish" - Musical (National runner-up + Best Score, Chch winner)
2008 - TBALC - "Übermensch" - Horror (Chch finalist)
2007 - TBALC - "Pain Killer: The Sick Sense" - Superhero (Chch finalist)
ALSO - "As Of Yet Unfinished" (2012, unofficial); "The Contender" (2010, finals intro)

CraigWB

Maybe it could be 2 or 3 years instead of 5 but I kind of like the whole experience angle to it. Coming out of the competition the past 2 years I've felt like I've been putting an unnecessary burden on myself since I'm not as equiped as some teams to deal with these curveballs but I also like that It can force you to start the weekend with a fresh slate. Will defiantly be doing Ultra again next year.

Team Spielberg craigbickerstaff@me.com +64212166821
2019 Burgled on High : Musical ULTRA
2018 The How, The What, The Who and The Why : The Heist Movie ULTRA
2017 Operator Part II Twin Souls : Thriller/Horror One Room ULTRA
2016 The Real Time Movie : What kind of day has it been
2015 Other Dimension Movie : Rift
2014 Race Against the Clock : EIGHT POINT FIVE
2013 Musical : Wolfgang
2012 Horror : The Unrested Soul
2011 One Room (Horror) : Operator -- Audience favourite
2010 Twin Movie : Secrets in Dowsing
2009 M Night Big Twist Film : The Unfinished
2008 Drama : Breakfast at Four
2007 War : Purple Heart
Sakura Productions
2006 Musical : Sardines
2005 Mockumentary : Smuggling for Dummies DQ'ed

TheNimbleMarmoset
Since: May 2012

in reply to Andrew Todd:

And fwiw, I still think "sequel" was a strong offer that didn't get taken up creatively by many teams. We got mostly pretty basic interpretations of what sequels can be - not many films that stood on their own, and wayyy too many flashback sequences.

I wonder if part of the problem was that Sequel was chosen as the very first Ultra challenge, and at that time people were still getting their head around what Ultra even meant. I suspect that had Sequel been the Ultra challenge for this year, i.e. with a year for the comp and its competitors to digest the initial experience of Ultra, you would have seen a whole lot more creative offerings.

(Also, Animals/Children is a much more straightforward offer to add into the 48HOURS framework, and probably would have functioned better as an initial Ultra challenge to ease people into the idea.)

#hindsight2c

SOUTH JERSEY GHOST RESEARCH
2018 - "Cushy: A Pull Story" (The Film That Spans More Than Ten Years)

TBALC
2017 - "Down 2 The Wire". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2016 - "Down To The Wire" (Bechdel)
2016 - "Windows" (Mystery). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2011 - "Band Of Bullies" (Quest)
2015 - "The Silent Man" (Mystery). . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2010 - "I Am Single" (Rom Com)
2014 - "The Ex" (Rom Com). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2009 - "New Fish" (Musical)
2013 - "Quarrelsome Heat" (Action/Adventure). . . 2008 - "Übermensch" (Horror)
2012 - "Nicky + Eve 19/5" (One Shot) . . . . . . . . . . .2007 - "Pain-Killer: The Sick Sense" (Superhero)

EVIL GENIUS LABS
2005 - "Bruised Gold" (Documentary)

ruth

Oooo I'm loving this discussion. It has certainly surprised us how many Ultra teams have done so well this year - maybe it wasn't hard enough lol - last year it certainly made or broke teams. We see Ultra as being something that should be really hard and make sure that the competition remains challenging to teams who have gotten really good at 48 and need things spiced up a bit. I do think that added constraints help with creativity and this year's children/animals requirement really made people come up with interesting and original ideas which then made for great films.

The 5 year thing is a little arbitrary and we could relax it and make it shorter - and yes any team that makes the grand finals should be capable of the extra challenge - that said teams do email me to register for Ultra, its not automatic so we could open it up a bit to teams who are obviously experienced enough to handle it.

I should note that there were a few teams around the place who came to the launch late and thought they had to do ultra so there were a couple of accidental ultras.

We are making this up as we go along so keep on piling in with your thoughts and suggestions and we will take them on board for next year.

Cheers, Ruth.

themorgan

It was better this year than last year, but it's a bit silly that there still isn't a regional Best Ultra, at least in the larger centres. Honestly I wouldn't recommend any teams do Ultra, but if we enter again we probably will.

Frauleins, oh frauleins
2019 | Frank & Beans | Buddy Movie | ULTRA48 Late :)
2018 | MUST LOVE BOTS | Anti-RomCom | ULTRA48 | Heat 4 Audience Fav, Auckland Short List, Auckland Finalist: Best Script
2017 | I am ball 2 | Survival | ULTRA48
2016 | The Littlest Punk | Punk | Auckland finalist: Best Original Song
2015 | Crumbs | RomCom, Animated | Late & Bad!
2014 | I am ball | Musical, Animated | Auckland finalist: Best Use of Prop
2013 | Crybaby | Race Against Time | Bad!
2012 | S.U.L.A. | Urban Legend | Puppets
2011 | Kill Therapist | Revenge | Writer, Director, Actor | Notorious
2010 | Action Manu | Biopic | Writer, Director | Boring

Fractured Radius
2009 | All's Fair | Musical/Dance | Co-Writer
2008 | The End | Drama | Co-Writer | Auckland winner
2003 | F.I.T. | Cop/Crime | Peripheral

Mista Teas

in reply to ruth:

maybe it wasn't hard enough lol

Yeah, I don't think it was. This is because of the out that was given where adults could play the children or animals. If teams had to actually use children or animals as their main characters it would have been a tougher challenge.

COMING SOON: End - Real Time
REVISIT: The Stile - Star-crossed Lovers; ULTRA48; CHCH25s

Everything Sticks since 2008
48Hr Films 2008-2019 48Sec Films 2008-2016

Mista Teas (Stu Gilpin) NATIONAL WINNER "Best/Most Prolific Reviewer" 2011 REVIEWS ARCHIVE

Jason

in reply to Mista Teas:

This is very true. We managed to find an awesome kid to act in our film but if we couldn't find one or didn't want to use one there was the backup to just use adult actors. The criteria for kid to go up to a 17 year old character made it fairly easy too I thought. We wouldn't even have to dress up as animals or kids. We'd just get our mid 20's-30's actors to play teenagers like every other film does.

I feel like a lot of teams chose to do things the hard way with last years Ultra too. But I do like that teams don't go for the easy way out when opting to do Ultra. You've got to embrace the challenge, and then dial yourself back to what is realistically achievable.

themorgan

in reply to Jason:

The criteria for kid to go up to a 17 year old character made it fairly easy too I thought.

That rather bothered me. It's very clearly not who the expression is about. We used a 3 year old (to play a 4 year old).

Frauleins, oh frauleins
2019 | Frank & Beans | Buddy Movie | ULTRA48 Late :)
2018 | MUST LOVE BOTS | Anti-RomCom | ULTRA48 | Heat 4 Audience Fav, Auckland Short List, Auckland Finalist: Best Script
2017 | I am ball 2 | Survival | ULTRA48
2016 | The Littlest Punk | Punk | Auckland finalist: Best Original Song
2015 | Crumbs | RomCom, Animated | Late & Bad!
2014 | I am ball | Musical, Animated | Auckland finalist: Best Use of Prop
2013 | Crybaby | Race Against Time | Bad!
2012 | S.U.L.A. | Urban Legend | Puppets
2011 | Kill Therapist | Revenge | Writer, Director, Actor | Notorious
2010 | Action Manu | Biopic | Writer, Director | Boring

Fractured Radius
2009 | All's Fair | Musical/Dance | Co-Writer
2008 | The End | Drama | Co-Writer | Auckland winner
2003 | F.I.T. | Cop/Crime | Peripheral

jjosland
Since: May 2015

I love your stuff themorgan! I used a 4 month old to play two opposing military overlords. Fun times. I am still recovering from that weekend.

Mad Scientists
2018 We'll just have to do things the long wayStar Crossed Lovers(ULTRA) Christchurch Best Art Direction Nominee
2017 Uber Cyborg 2.0 Sci-Fi Love (ULTRA)
2016 Wrong Target Mistaken Identity |Christchurch Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Film Nominee|Christchurch Best Art Direction Nominee
2015 Uber Cyborg Science gone mad |Christchurch Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Movie|Christchurch Best Costume Nominee
2014 One Man Army Against the Odds |National Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Film|Christchurch Best Team Intro
2011 Humpty Dumpty: The Untold Story Mystery
2009 Blackout Superhero
2008 Take As Prescribed Horror (Disqualified for being over length)
Nervous Poop
2010 48Hours Later Musical | Christchurch Best Bad Film Runner Up
Gorilla Pictures
2006 Rubix Dude and Wheelchair Mania Superhero Film | Christchurch Finalist, Christchurch Best Original Score, Christchurch Best Use Of Character, Christchurch Best Screenplay
2005 Mr Fluffy and the Robot Sci-Fi (Disqualified- 4 minutes late)

Clayton Hiku

in reply to themorgan:

That rather bothered me. It's very clearly not who the expression is about.

As a team that did Ultra and got HIGH SCHOOL MOVIE I understand why the age had to go up to 17. There was a good 1 hour of our weekend that was wasted while we sat around dejected over the fact we had to make a High school movie (and be true to the genre as often requested by the judges) and somehow use only children or animals. I think if High School movie wasn't one of the genres then they could have taken the "Child" aspect of Ultra even tighter down to like under 10years old or even younger as you say. But with that particular genre in there this year it would have completely destroyed those Ultra teams if the restriction was THAT young.

Although I'm still interested in how our talking Pheotus from inside a pregnant teenager at high school story would have turned out! hahahahaha.

48 Hours
2018 - Submission Impossible - PC High - CHCH 2nd RUNNER UP, WINNER of Best Director and Audience Favourite Heat 9, Nominated for Best Editor and Best Script
2017 - Submission Impossible - Polaroid 2 CHCH Finalist, Nominated for Best Actress (Michal Bush)
2016 - Submission Impossible - The Rock and a Hard Place CHCH Finalist, WINNER of Best Team Intro, Nominated for - Best Script,
2015 - Submission Impossible - Home CHCH Finalist, Nominated for; Best Cinematography, Best Score, Best Actress (Anna Whitaker), Best Script. Best Team Intro
2014 - Submission Impossible - One Night at Martinet's CHCH Finalist, Nominated for, Best Use of Character, Best Script, Best Actress, Best Original Song Winner of Canon Competition
2013 - Submission Impossible - Polaroid - CHCH Finalist, WINNER of Audience Favourite Heat 10 and Best use of Character Best Team Intro
2012 - Submission Impossible - Split
2011 - Film Flam - Revenge is a dish best served cold - Composer

V48 Seconds
2011 - Iron Man, Inception, X-men, 2010 - New Moon, 2009 - 300

dramamike

I was disappointed that one Wellington Ultra finalist had, in my opinion, the main character as an adult and the secondary character as a child.

Finding the cast to film would have been tough yes or writing to suit who you had would also have been tough- but that was the idea of Ultra.

The film itself was strong- and had it not been an Ultra then it would have stood up in terms of quality.

2019 Depart'ners Buddy
2018 Thanks to the Academy Heist Ultra
2017 Forelsket Nutbar Films Buddy Sacrifice
2016 Con Troll Alt Delete Nutbar Films Horror Fan Favourite. City Finalist for Make-Up
2015 Hide and Seek Nutbar Films Mystery
2014 Confessions Nutbar, with a taste of Nimlin Film, within a film
2013 Made Maid Nutbar Films City Finalist for POV Shot Robot/Cyborg/Android
2012 I Still Dream in Colour Nutbar Films Action
2011 Raptured Golden Carrot Films Mystery
2010 Fraternal Fabrication Golden Carrot Films Twin
2009 I love you this much Golden Carrot Films Romance
2008 Luke Walker and the Golden Carrot William Shatner's Pants Animal

TheNimbleMarmoset

in reply to Clayton Hiku:

Although I'm still interested in how our talking Pheotus from inside a pregnant teenager at high school story would have turned out! hahahahaha.

As much as I enjoyed your film, I am now really disappointed that I didn't get to witness this masterwork.

SOUTH JERSEY GHOST RESEARCH
2018 - "Cushy: A Pull Story" (The Film That Spans More Than Ten Years)

TBALC
2017 - "Down 2 The Wire". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2016 - "Down To The Wire" (Bechdel)
2016 - "Windows" (Mystery). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2011 - "Band Of Bullies" (Quest)
2015 - "The Silent Man" (Mystery). . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2010 - "I Am Single" (Rom Com)
2014 - "The Ex" (Rom Com). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2009 - "New Fish" (Musical)
2013 - "Quarrelsome Heat" (Action/Adventure). . . 2008 - "Übermensch" (Horror)
2012 - "Nicky + Eve 19/5" (One Shot) . . . . . . . . . . .2007 - "Pain-Killer: The Sick Sense" (Superhero)

EVIL GENIUS LABS
2005 - "Bruised Gold" (Documentary)

AJ

in reply to Clayton Hiku:

"LOOK WHO'S TALKING ALREADY"

Christchurch City Manager 2018-2019 | My Favourite 48Hour Films | The 48Hours Podcast

Les Cousins Dangereux
2017 Not Again (Alien)
Christchurch Runner-Up | National Finalist (Peter Jackson Wildcard)
2016 A Time and a Place (Time Travel) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
NA
2015 #apocalypse2k15 (The Last Person on Earth) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
Christchurch City Finalist/Best Art Direction
2014 Something New (RomCom)
Christchurch Runner-Up/Best Use of Line/Best Script/Best Original Song/Best Editing | National Best Use of Prop
2013 Bourbon Legends (Crime)
NA