NEW RULES - IMPORTANT
Hi all, we've updated the rules for 2017 and these are now live on the website - https://www.48hours.co.nz/2017/help/
The main change is rule 1.
1. The ‘film’ must be created between 7 pm Friday, August 25th and 7 pm Sunday, August 27th - the shoot weekend. You can use any resources you have available including music, sound effects stills and footage - as long as you have the clearance. Theoretically, your entire film could be made up of stock footage. This also means you can use old footage of yours if you choose to.
2. The duration of the ‘film’ must be minimum 1 minute and maximum 5 minutes. This includes your titles and credits.
3. The ‘film’ must be delivered as a single digital movie file using our recommended file specs by 7 pm on Sunday, August 27th, either on USB to the city hand-in location or uploaded via our portal for teams who have registered as out of town.
4. The ‘film’ must include all the required elements as supplied at the launch. Teams who have registered as ULTRA48 must include the Ultra elements as well.
5. The ‘film’ must include the final closing credit: "Made as part of HP48HOURS 2017".
6. All teams must fill out the online wrap-up form before 7 pm at the close of the competition. Access to this form will be provided to the registered email address before the start of the competition.
7. Your single file entry must include the following video content in the following order:
Your Team intro, any length up to 20 seconds - this is OPTIONAL.
Info Card: ‘Film’ title, Team name, Genre, City - 10 seconds.
Black screen: 5 seconds.
8. You must have the rights to all material that appears in the ‘Film’. Release forms must be signed for all actors, locations, music and anything else that you need permission for that you use in the ‘Film’. This must be held by the Team leader until requested.
9. Your team leader must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
10. Do not upload the ‘film’ onto the internet until after it has finished in the competition. This means that you must wait until you find out if it has made your city final. If it is a city finalist then you must wait until the national finalists are announced.
Rules are subject to change up to the competition start-time - 7pm August 25th.