VF48Hours Forum

Rastinha
Since: Mar 2014

Feed for this Topic

Awards

Had a read through the awards list today and I'm glad to see that animation and VFX have been split into 2 categories again :). I don't really use either of them, but I felt for the teams locally (Taranaki) last year where the VFX use had been quite different to the animation uses, so it was very apples/oranges and both deserved a wee nod for their use. I imagine it's even more that way in bigger cities.

I'm a bit sad that there's no regional Best Ultra certificate though. I also haven't entered Ultra but we have 1 team locally that have done it both times and it would be nice I'm sure for them to get a Best Ultra certificate.

Anyone else have thoughts on awards?

2019: "DopeMonkey Live" - Gross-out Comedy - Pastafarian Productions (Solo/ULTRA)
2018: "Heist School Musical" - Heist Movie - Pastafarian Productions (Regional Best Door Slam)
2017: "ESP" - Alien Movie - Pastafarian Productions (Regional Finalist)
2016: "The War on Error" - Cat & Mouse - Pastafarian Productions (Regional Finalist)
2015: "Us... But Mainly You" - Black Comedy - Pastafarian Productions (Regional Finalist)
2014: "Sphere" - Horror - Pastafarian Productions (Regional Finalist)
2009-2013: MIA
2008: "I Adore" - Drama - Conspiracion de las Palomitas
2007: "The Hazel Princess" - Fairytale - Conspiracion de las Palomitas
2006: "All Ur <3 R Belong 2 Me" - Romance - Popcorn Conspiracy

dramamike
Since: Apr 2011

Local Ultra winners would be nice- although potentially there could be very few some areas.
Even if there was only one Ultra from a region then it would be nice to show that with a certificate (no other prize needed).
SFX and animation needed to split- having a best cinematography/music award would be nuts.

2019 Depart'ners Buddy
2018 Thanks to the Academy Heist Ultra
2017 Forelsket Nutbar Films Buddy Sacrifice
2016 Con Troll Alt Delete Nutbar Films Horror Fan Favourite. City Finalist for Make-Up
2015 Hide and Seek Nutbar Films Mystery
2014 Confessions Nutbar, with a taste of Nimlin Film, within a film
2013 Made Maid Nutbar Films City Finalist for POV Shot Robot/Cyborg/Android
2012 I Still Dream in Colour Nutbar Films Action
2011 Raptured Golden Carrot Films Mystery
2010 Fraternal Fabrication Golden Carrot Films Twin
2009 I love you this much Golden Carrot Films Romance
2008 Luke Walker and the Golden Carrot William Shatner's Pants Animal

ruth
Since: May 2011

Anyone who completes an Ultra film (and isn't DQd for any reason) will get a special Ultra Certificate again this year. I've just sent them to the printers. :)