VF48Hours Forum

Sam Spooner
Since: May 2012

Feed for this Topic

Auckland Heat 14

I don't want to be a Dick, but, we weren't able to vote for Permanently Confused in the audience faves because they weren't on the online form, we even talked to them about it after. Somehow though, they still came 3rd.

This calls into question the people who came in 1st and 2nd, can we get an explanation as to what happened please?

In other news, great heat guys, it was a blast!

TOMORROW TODAY
2017 - ADAD2: The Wizarding - Crime Ultra
Two Big Tools
2016 - Mind Camp - Dystopian Film 3rd Audience Favorite, Winner of The Incredibly Strange Award(Auckland), nominated for Best Original Song(Auckland), nominated for The Incredibly Strange Award(National)
2015 - A Dame A Dozen - Mystery Film(but really all of the genres) 2nd Audience Favorite
2014 - 20q - Mystery Film 3rd Audience Favorite
2013 - NZSS - Converging Storylines Film 3rd Audience Favorite
2012 - The Brick - Superhero Film Audience Favorite First Equal

zer05um
Since: Apr 2011

in reply to Sam Spooner:

Yes, I thought that odd. Also the voting site appeared to be suffering a serious connectivity problem - several people were getting messages from the webserver saying that it was struggling under the request load (I'm paraphrasing)

2018 [Auckland] Alt 3:57 Last Day On Earth | 3rd Place Audience Favourite
2017 [Auckland] Over-Wound Buddy / Sacrifice | Regional Nomination - Best Makeup.
2016 [Auckland] A Ripping Yarn Bro or Bechdel
2015 [Auckland] He's got the moves - Musical or Dance
2014 [Auckland] Decay Rate - Mistaken Identity
2013 [Auckland] Backup/Restore - Robots, Cyborgs & Androids
2012 [Auckland] Cherry Π - Romantic Comedy
2011 [Auckland] Things Best Forgotten - Mystery Not so much Late as completely absent...
2010 [Taranaki] Broken - Road Movie - Regional Prizes: Sound & Vision Sexiest Short | Most Realistic Moment
2009 [Hamilton] Te Hararei - Family Film - Te Reo Maori Language Film
2008 [Hamilton] 47:53:00 - Horror Late

Timmmy
Since: Sep 2017

I was wondering the same thing. I enjoyed this film, but it was not on the online voting list so how did it get a place?

TOMORROW TODAY
2017 - ADAD2: The Wizarding - Crime Ultra - Model spaceships

Two Big Tools
2016 - Mind Camp - Dystonia Film - Best acting role of my career next to 'homeless man' and 'pervert in strip club'.
2015 - A Dame A Dozen - Mystery Film - Stunt cock!
2014 - 20q - Mystery Film - fastest prosthetic turnover ever!
2012 - The Brick - Superhero Film - First of many blood farts, first speaking role.

Can't team name remember anymore
Sky and the old gang
2011 - Cant for the life of me remember the name but Sam will!
Sweet Shop guys
2004 - Heartland - Mikey Havoc's Mono-brow, and first of many, many blood squirts.

Morgan
Since: Mar 2013

The team Permanently Confused was moved from heat 9. Unfortunately there was a data refresh error and their presence on the voting form reverted to heat 9.

We quickly put them back into heat 14 - a few minutes into the voting - so they were there on the voting form just a little later.

Morgan Leigh Stewart
Auckland City Co-Manager HP48 2018
021 611 224
morgan@48hours.co.nz

zer05um

in reply to Morgan:

Ah.

2018 [Auckland] Alt 3:57 Last Day On Earth | 3rd Place Audience Favourite
2017 [Auckland] Over-Wound Buddy / Sacrifice | Regional Nomination - Best Makeup.
2016 [Auckland] A Ripping Yarn Bro or Bechdel
2015 [Auckland] He's got the moves - Musical or Dance
2014 [Auckland] Decay Rate - Mistaken Identity
2013 [Auckland] Backup/Restore - Robots, Cyborgs & Androids
2012 [Auckland] Cherry Π - Romantic Comedy
2011 [Auckland] Things Best Forgotten - Mystery Not so much Late as completely absent...
2010 [Taranaki] Broken - Road Movie - Regional Prizes: Sound & Vision Sexiest Short | Most Realistic Moment
2009 [Hamilton] Te Hararei - Family Film - Te Reo Maori Language Film
2008 [Hamilton] 47:53:00 - Horror Late

Sam Spooner
Since: May 2012

That's a shame, they would have gotten 1st for sure if they had been included from the start.

TOMORROW TODAY
2017 - ADAD2: The Wizarding - Crime Ultra
Two Big Tools
2016 - Mind Camp - Dystopian Film 3rd Audience Favorite, Winner of The Incredibly Strange Award(Auckland), nominated for Best Original Song(Auckland), nominated for The Incredibly Strange Award(National)
2015 - A Dame A Dozen - Mystery Film(but really all of the genres) 2nd Audience Favorite
2014 - 20q - Mystery Film 3rd Audience Favorite
2013 - NZSS - Converging Storylines Film 3rd Audience Favorite
2012 - The Brick - Superhero Film Audience Favorite First Equal

hl

hey guys - yeah stuff happens.
we're grateful that the organisers were able to change our heat time and day, and also play our film last as we were all travelling back from a shoot that day. We only got into the theatre about 4 short films out from the end of the heats. Its so rewarding to be in the theatre and listening to the audience response. so thank you all!

2017 Permanently Confused - Snow Country for Cold Elves
H2Ow Ao-terror-oa
AFK - NZWebfest 2016 Winner