VF48Hours Lockdown Forum

jjosland
Since: May 2015

Feed for this Topic

2020 Horror Stories

Hi everyone. Had the most challenging weekend yet, having had to go to hospital on the Saturday with back/kidney issues. (Unrelated to filmmaking or Corona). Endured severe pain in the Sunday, and was admitted into hospital again Monday (Today). Was in good hands, and am now recovering on some heavy, sleepy medication.

Needless to say, with a dedicated team we still delivered something fans should enjoy.

Mad Scientists
2020 Any Portal Will Do In A StormWho dunnit
2019 (School team producer: Breens B-Roll) Timeslingers Time Travel Film Christchurch Nominee for Best School Team, Christchurch Nominee for Best use of Genre
2019 (School team producer: Mini Mad Scientists) Miss Galaxy 3000 Science Fiction Film
Mad Scientists
2018 We'll just have to do things the long wayStar Crossed Lovers(ULTRA) Christchurch Best Art Direction Nominee
2017 Uber Cyborg 2.0 Sci-Fi Love (ULTRA)
2016 Wrong Target Mistaken Identity |Christchurch Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Film Nominee|Christchurch Best Art Direction Nominee
2015 Uber Cyborg Science gone mad |Christchurch Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Movie|Christchurch Best Costume Nominee
2014 One Man Army Against the Odds |National Most Incredibly Strange Best Bad Film|Christchurch Best Team Intro
2011 Humpty Dumpty: The Untold Story Mystery
2009 Blackout Superhero
2008 Take As Prescribed Horror (Disqualified for being over length)
Nervous Poop
2010 48Hours Later Musical | Christchurch Best Bad Film Runner Up
Gorilla Pictures
2006 Rubix Dude and Wheelchair Mania Superhero Film | Christchurch Finalist, Christchurch Best Original Score, Christchurch Best Use Of Character, Christchurch Best Screenplay
2005 Mr Fluffy and the Robot Sci-Fi (Disqualified- 4 minutes late)

dramamike
Since: Apr 2011

Wow.
Shows the strength of the team to make the hand-in when that is rocking along.
Get well soon

2020 Lockdown The Nutbar News at Nine Urban Fantasy
2019 Depart'ners Buddy
2018 Thanks to the Academy Heist Ultra
2017 Forelsket Nutbar Films Buddy Sacrifice
2016 Con Troll Alt Delete Nutbar Films Horror Fan Favourite. City Finalist for Make-Up
2015 Hide and Seek Nutbar Films Mystery
2014 Confessions Nutbar, with a taste of Nimlin Film, within a film
2013 Made Maid Nutbar Films City Finalist for POV Shot Robot/Cyborg/Android
2012 I Still Dream in Colour Nutbar Films Action
2011 Raptured Golden Carrot Films Mystery
2010 Fraternal Fabrication Golden Carrot Films Twin
2009 I love you this much Golden Carrot Films Romance
2008 Luke Walker and the Golden Carrot William Shatner's Pants Animal

TheRealClose
Since: Sep 2017

Wow, I can't compare to your story, but I had some frustrating technical glitches late on Saturday night.

Basically Photoshop froze while it was saving the file. I tried to make a backup copy of the file but then Finder also froze. Sat for a while with nothing happening, so I force quit everything and rebooted the computer.

Finally get it all back up and running and the Photoshop document won't open. It appears to be totally corrupted. Looked online for recovery solutions but nothing worked. So I had lost about 1.5 hrs of work, plus and hour trying to fix it. Ended up doing it all again in around 30mins.

The real kicker, this was the one project file that I didn't have saved to my Creative Cloud folder, which archives every version to the cloud. Such a simple mistake to avoid...

But all's well that ends well, although I only had time to submit a safety copy, which was just missing credits and had watermarks left on our stock photos... reasonably happy overall though.

2020 LD // ken blose - Just Genes
2019 // rip focus - a nipple in time
2018 // rip focus - A Slice of You
2017 // rip focus - A Ripple In Time
2016 // Bus Stop Studios - Knitting, Crochet & Embroidery

Cold Blooded
Since: Mar 2013

Yeah that's hard core. Glad you're ok!
Amidst lockdown unemplyment I got some work (yay!) but it took most of my saturday (boo!). Happy enough with the weird little film we made.

2003 Mission from Venus [Romance] Editor
2004 Copy [Horror] best use of line, Editor
2007 The Grove [Crime] Ak finalist, Editor
2008 Lavatory Warrior [Action] Director/Actor
2009 Border Protection & You [Educational] Director/Editor
2013 Night of the Cones [Crime] Director/Editor
2019 Sure as ship [Real-time] Solo
2020 The Fifth Wave [Whodunnit] Family bubble