Self Service - Miss Fire Productions
Sidney Manson and the Twin Factor 2 - Just 2 Guys
Snow Country for Cold Elves - Permanently Confused
Some Body at the Lake - The Creamery
Sue and Tim Play Conkers - Team Sprinkles
The Snapper - Michaels Baes
Time Terminal - Chillybox
Under The Bridge - Cool Story Bro Film

I imagine like most years the Auckland Finalists will be a fairly incredible and diverse bunch. Will be interesting knowing the list of judges this year as to whether that makes the finalist choices more or less contentious than prior years. No doubt all of the above are excellent films and it'll be a tight contest!

AJ
Since: May 2011

Very pleased to see Jovial and Team Sprinkles in the finals!

Christchurch City Manager 2018-2019 | My Favourite 48Hour Films | The 48Hours Podcast

Les Cousins Dangereux
2017 Not Again (Alien)
Christchurch Runner-Up | National Finalist (Peter Jackson Wildcard)
2016 A Time and a Place (Time Travel) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
NA
2015 #apocalypse2k15 (The Last Person on Earth) ( Behind the Scenes Video)
Christchurch City Finalist/Best Art Direction
2014 Something New (RomCom)
Christchurch Runner-Up/Best Use of Line/Best Script/Best Original Song/Best Editing | National Best Use of Prop
2013 Bourbon Legends (Crime)
NA

Scott Doar
Since: Sep 2016

AUCKLAND CITY JUDGES
Ivan Barge
Ivan's second short film, Madam Black, has been selected for over 150 festivals worldwide. The film has gone on to win over 40 awards, including Best Short at the New Zealand Film Awards. While his first short film, Snooze Time, was featured in the New Directors section of 'Shots'.

Cass Avery
Cass Avery is EVP of Production and Development at Augusto. As a producer and writer she has worked across all platforms of screen entertainment and is currently helming on her second show for Discovery, has 2 features in development and is in production with a documentary in the US.

Jacinda Ryan
Jacinda is the GM of Sony Pictures and has spent many enjoyable years in the industry working on blockbuster studio films, specialized arthouse films (most passionate about) along with some fabulous local productions.

Jill McNab
General Manager of Vendetta Films and General in charge of Vendetta Productions. I watch hundreds of new movies and read a ton of scripts each year, try to find the gems, then manage their releases across NZ & Australia.

Chelsie Preston-Crayford
Chelsie is well known to New Zealand audiences and has won numerous awards here and abroad for her screen work including an Australian Logie for her work as Tilly Devine in UNDERBELLY RAZOR and a prestigious AACTA award for her work in the ABC series THE CODE. She recently starred in Jackie Van Beeks THE INLAND ROAD, cult US series ASH vs EVIL DEAD, Netflix’s THE LEGEND OF MONKEY and is currently directing her second short film.

Simon Raby
Professional narcoleptic who uses wakefulness as scoring pattern when watching movies.

Joe Lonie
Joe is a righteous dude. He likes Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain. He has been known to slap the bass for Supergroove. He is the writer/director of many music videos including "Sophie" & "Blowing Dirt" by Goodshirt and the award-winning short films "Shout at the Ground" & "Honk if You're Horny".

Greg Page
One feature, 3 short films, 91 music videos, and 20 years making TV commercials. I'm ready to judge this.

Morgan Leigh Stewart
With over a decade of experience creating and facilitating film projects and events Morgan has produced over two dozen music videos, 14 short films, one feature, and one 48HOURS Grand Finalist film.

2018 Jovial Entertainment: "Daddys Little Angel"
2017 Jovial Entertainment: "Pizza Money"(Grand Finalist)(Winner best editing) (audience favorite) Auckland
2016 Jovial Entertainment: "Munchies" (audience favorite) Auckland
2015 Jovial Entertainment: "Perp" Auckland
2014 Stampede Tiddlywinks "Date Time" Auckland
2012 Stampede Tiddlywinks: "Poolside story" Auckland
2011 Team Bella: "Wire" (best art direction and some other stuff) Hamilton
2010 ...uuummm i entered but i have no idea ,my life in hamilton was a blur ...Hamilton
2009 Go gecko: ....pass Hamilton

Scott Doar
Since: Sep 2016

Greg Page was my tutor a few years back down in Hamilton. Hes a super good stop motion animator and a little bit crazy (in a good way) I can imagine he will pick some pretty mental films.

2018 Jovial Entertainment: "Daddys Little Angel"
2017 Jovial Entertainment: "Pizza Money"(Grand Finalist)(Winner best editing) (audience favorite) Auckland
2016 Jovial Entertainment: "Munchies" (audience favorite) Auckland
2015 Jovial Entertainment: "Perp" Auckland
2014 Stampede Tiddlywinks "Date Time" Auckland
2012 Stampede Tiddlywinks: "Poolside story" Auckland
2011 Team Bella: "Wire" (best art direction and some other stuff) Hamilton
2010 ...uuummm i entered but i have no idea ,my life in hamilton was a blur ...Hamilton
2009 Go gecko: ....pass Hamilton