HP48 Hours Forum

Ness Patea
Since: May 2011

Feed for this Topic

Looking for Cast and Crew in Wellington?

Kia Ora Koutou, I am starting this thread for people offering their skills or looking for cast and crew in the region of Wellington. Please be specific about what you are looking for or offering. Let's get some teams made!

2018 - National Operations/Wellington City Manager
2017 - National Operations/Wellington City Manager
2016 - Wellington City Manager
2014 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer
2012 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer

Empire of Reason
2015 - Catch of the Day - Cat and Mouse

Traces of Nut
2013 - 'Sleeping Plot' - Crime - National WInner
2011 - 'Ruby Red' - Musical
2008 - 'Half a Horse' - Crime - Best DQed

Electric Pink Company
2010 - 'Fabricator' - Biopic
2009 - 'Electric Pink Company' - Dance

rickenbackerkid
Since: Apr 2018

Hi all, I'm on the lookout for a team to join. I'm based in the Wairarapa but could be keen to join a wellington/hutt valley team.

I'm on the technical side, and own a kit of gear including cameras, tripod, lighting, microphone, FCPX.

Thanks,

Ben

annoying_sandfly

SEEKING POST-PRODUCTION ALL-ROUNDER FOR FEMALE TEAM.

Hi, I'm looking for a female-identified person with basic post-production skills or higher in colour grading, sound mixing, and rendering, to join our tiny, all female team. We're a central Wellington based who are in it for fun, and a production design challenge. We're aiming for a team culture of 'casual, yet organised, with a tiny, doable idea'. Please PM me on Facebook if interested, or for more information.

Warm regards,
Pachali Brewster [<-- my Facebook name]

Robferg

Hi,

I am looking to join a team. I have done a bit of acting and editing but have not done much in a few years due to work. With my change of job I would really like to get involved, so anyone seeking one more cast member please contact me on here or email robert2727nz@hotmail.com

Robferg

in reply to rickenbackerkid:

If you did not find a group maybe we could make one?

beansprout

Hey everyone

My name is Serena and I am currently training as a makeup and skincare student at Te Auaha - Welltec. I would love the opportunity to develop my skills by working as part of a film production team. So far I have covered basic day looks, evening makeup and skin types. I have experimented with Halloween makeup and am willing to give everything a go! I am very adventurous, flexible and enthusiastic and would enjoy a fun group of people to work with. I am based in a suburb close to the city with easy transport access. I look forward to hearing from you!! :)

Ness Patea
Since: May 2011

I see the beginnings of a good team in this thread! If you guys are having trouble finding teams, please come to our free Wellington HP48Hours networking meet-up at the Southern Cross on 30th April at 5.30pm - 7 pm. We will talk about how the competition works, introduce ourselves as your city managers, answer any questions, have a beer and hopefully match-make some teams.

2018 - National Operations/Wellington City Manager
2017 - National Operations/Wellington City Manager
2016 - Wellington City Manager
2014 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer
2012 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer

Empire of Reason
2015 - Catch of the Day - Cat and Mouse

Traces of Nut
2013 - 'Sleeping Plot' - Crime - National WInner
2011 - 'Ruby Red' - Musical
2008 - 'Half a Horse' - Crime - Best DQed

Electric Pink Company
2010 - 'Fabricator' - Biopic
2009 - 'Electric Pink Company' - Dance

GPeoples
Since: Mar 2014

Hi all, Glenn here in Upper Hutt.

I'd be keen to provide music for a movie if anyone needs a music guy. You can see some of what I have made previously here:

https://soundcloud.com/glenn-peoples

Menchi
Since: Jun 2011

in reply to GPeoples:

Hi Glenn,

We're looking for a music guy for our team! Love your stuff! Email me at thewcproject@gmail.com. :)

Conan

V48hours Film Challenge
2014 - Morgan's Match (Oldschool Cinema)
2013 - Seven Minutes to Curtain (Spontaneous Weekends)
2012 - Wake up Jeff (The Burlesquimos)
2011 - 6A (The Oh Ladies)
2008 - Temporal Affairs (Tuktuk Inferno)

Menchi
Since: Jun 2011

Hey folks,

Our Wellington based team is looking for a few roles to fill. Most of the team consists of folk from our web series "Two Naked Gay Guys." - http://www.2ngg.com

We're looking to get more crew on to ensure we get the best 48 film we can possibly make. :)

A soundie. We have the equipment and just need someone who is a whizz at operating it.

A VFX person for titles and VFX if necessary. We have a green screen rig so some fun stuff to play with.

A lighting person would be great too. Again - we have the equipment but would like to have someone to be able to focus on it.

Make-up and practical FX person. Will need their own kit, but we are happy to donate money towards anything that gets used so you're not out of pocket. :)

More actresses! We have mostly male actors in our team and would really like to even out the gender representation. :)

Just email Conan and Minto at thewcproject@gmail.com if you're keen to join our team.

Conan

V48hours Film Challenge
2014 - Morgan's Match (Oldschool Cinema)
2013 - Seven Minutes to Curtain (Spontaneous Weekends)
2012 - Wake up Jeff (The Burlesquimos)
2011 - 6A (The Oh Ladies)
2008 - Temporal Affairs (Tuktuk Inferno)

MissyAmanda

Hi Ben-we are forming a group in Wairarapa! Can you give me an email to forward to our 'group leader" if you are still interested in joining? Sorry I can't remember his mail straight off at the moment!
All best
Amanda

willrabbitt
Since: May 2018

Ben -- You're the man i'm looking for. I'm putting a team together but need Tech. Can put you up in Welly. Churtle.

Medic
Since: May 2018

Hi,

We are looking for a sound/camera operator for our small team in Masterton. Let me know if you are still unoccupied. What gear do you have?
Cheers, Brent

Robferg

Have a team based in Thordon. If anyone wishes to help out you are welcome to join us. Just send me a text 0226435415