VF48Hours 2020 Forum

Ness Patea
Since: May 2011

Feed for this Topic

Looking for Cast and Crew in Hamilton?

Kia Ora Koutou, I am starting this thread for people offering their skills or looking for cast and crew in the region of Hamilton. Please be specific about what you are looking for or offering. Let's get some teams made!

2017 - 2019 - National Operations / Wellington City Manager
2016 - Wellington City Manager
2014 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer
2012 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer

Empire of Reason
2015 - Catch of the Day - Cat and Mouse

Traces of Nut
2013 - 'Sleeping Plot' - Crime - National WInner
2011 - 'Ruby Red' - Musical
2008 - 'Half a Horse' - Crime - Best DQed

Electric Pink Company
2010 - 'Fabricator' - Biopic
2009 - 'Electric Pink Company' - Dance

Annabel
Since: Apr 2018

I'm keen. I'm offering help with Art dept. Props, Set dressing. Coordination.

droolingmonkey
Since: Apr 2012

Thanks Annabel - the forums start heating up a lot as we get closer to the comp, so don't be discouraged no one has replied yet! Keep your eye open for th meetup this weekend at the Meteor for those wanting to find others for teams, ask questions etc!

Ness Patea
Since: May 2011

in reply to droolingmonkey:

I have posted this event on the City Info page too Jake.

2017 - 2019 - National Operations / Wellington City Manager
2016 - Wellington City Manager
2014 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer
2012 - 48 hours Blogger/Photographer

Empire of Reason
2015 - Catch of the Day - Cat and Mouse

Traces of Nut
2013 - 'Sleeping Plot' - Crime - National WInner
2011 - 'Ruby Red' - Musical
2008 - 'Half a Horse' - Crime - Best DQed

Electric Pink Company
2010 - 'Fabricator' - Biopic
2009 - 'Electric Pink Company' - Dance

MoniqueFinney
Since: Apr 2018

I am a recent Bachelor of Media Arts Graduate majoring in Moving Image. I would really like to participate in 48hrs this year (it will be my first time) I just need to find a group of people to crew with!

I am passionate about directing and I'm experienced with other crew/production roles e.g. editing, screenwriting. I would also love to do some acting :)

Showreel:

Salvador Dalek
Since: May 2018

Hiya,
We are a small team looking for a reliable editor this year, as our normal editor is not available on the shoot weekend. We may end up filming in West Auckland or Waiuku (about 1 hour south of Auckland) so are open to editors who are Hamilton or Auckland based.

We would like someone with their own edit suite, who's available on the Saturday to ingest & organise footage and do a rough cut, then make a final cut on the Sunday with vfx/music etc - so an all rounder with good workflow, time management and tech skills in case something goes wrong last minute! Footage will most likely be provided online so must have good internet.

We are also after a reliable soundie, and can offer some gear (VideoMic and boom, 2x lavs (3.5mm jack), 3x Zoom H1N) or you can bring your own gear. Must be comfortable speaking up about any sound issues onset.

We would prefer people with prior experience of doing 48 Hours or working under time pressure :)

Thanks

Salvador Dalek
Since: May 2018

in reply to Salvador Dalek:

Also interested in hearing from people who like producing and have time for it in the lead up to the comp :)