48HOURS Forum

star striker
Since: Apr 2011

Feed for this Topic

camera sliders

Hello does anyone have any good advice on what are the best camera sliders out there ???
im looking at buying somthing. ive seen some going for around $120 - $150 are they too cheap ???

i have a z1 right now and will hopfully get a 60d in the next few months.

thanks

Nick Burridge

Rocket Rentals just got in a Kessler CineSlider which I'm in love with. But it rents at around $100/day, and it's far far more than that to buy. Before that I was looking at the Indian knock-off ProAim brand from CineUltima in Wellington, but it still ain't cheap [link]

c0ina

we made ours. it's very rudimentary but the results on screen are smooth and that's all that matters!

it's more of a glider than a slider...

a long and VERY smooth and polished plank of wood with steel lips for the track and a block of wood with silk tape tanks tracks that the camera mounts to and just glides, almost floats along the track.

all up $40 :)

Alastair / twitter: @c0ina & @hybridmovies facebook: hybridmovies

2014 - POLYPHONY by Hybrid Motion Pictures (Director, Producer, DOP) City Finalist, Audience Favourite
2013 - PARALYSIS by Hybrid Motion Pictures (Director, Producer) / PJ Wild Card, Grand Finalist, Best Cinematography
2012 - SURCEASE by Hybrid Motion Pictures (Director, Producer)
2011 - ROUNDELAY by Hybrid Motion Pictures (Director, Producer, Co-Writer)
2010 - CHICANE by Hybrid Motion Pictures (Director, Producer, Co-Writer) / City Finalist, Best Cinematography, Best Use Of Line
2009 - TO HAVE AND TO HOLD by Hybrid Motion Pictures (Producer, Finishing Editor)
2008 - DANCE-O-LUTION by Hybrid Motion Pictures (Producer & Finishing Editor)
2007 - DIE, LESBIAN VAMPIRES! by Hydra Motion Pictures (Producer, DOP & Editor) / Late
2006 - 16 BULLETS by Hydra Motion Pictures (Producer & Editor) / City Finalist, Runner Up, Best Screenplay, Audience Favourite
2005 - CASE OF THE TLUC by Expuls (Editor)
2004 - ICE HIEST by Expuls (Editor)

star striker

ive thought about making one but im not sure id have the patience and accuracy for it.

ive found some places but im not sure if they are any good.

http://www.indisystem.com/products/indiSLIDERmini-Deluxe.html
(not sure if this is a good product or not)

im just after somthing small and simple right now.

Rocket Boy

star striker I've got an indislider, it does a reasonable job but it's not really for large or heavy cameras, really my Canon 7D is a bit big for it, also the puck used to hold the camera is not the best solution, the pistol grip shown in the photo on the website would be better.

The build quality is good and the guy who makes and sells the products is good to deal with.

Michael Wilson
Since: Aug 2011

You can buy the slider part directly from Agu & put your own feet on it. http://www.igus.co.nz/default.asp?Page=7&C=NZ&L=en

The do a deal for film makers including putting a threaded hole in the carriage.

In the mean time I make do with a pvc pip rig with skateboard wheel.s

zzzzzzz

I'll second the cineslider. Nice piece of kit. I put mine under a Red and under an aaton rig. Worked a treat. The bearing sliders dont really compare... except in price where they win hands down.

Please login to post a reply.

or Login with Facebook