48HOURS Forum

Forum > Posts by EdAish

Posts by EdAish

EdAish
Since: May 2011

2012 Hamilton Final Winners

The venue was really fantastic - thanks for your great effort in bringing it all together!

Also thanks for the info re resolution - 720p answers it somewhat 1,036,800 pixels along side 2,073,600 for 1080p makes a massive difference at that size.

But Im not complaining - with the last minute re-edit etc Im just really happy we got to see it on the big screen - Thanks Heaps.

Looking forward to seeing the line up for the finals on Monday - Go Hamilton!

Rubber Soul Productions in conjunction with Pro-Vision Video & Advertising

2011 - Well Strung (Musical) - Audience Favourite | Regional Winner | Grand Finalist | Best Actor | Best Original Music
2012 - There for You (Musical) - Regional Finalist
2013 - Partners in Crime (Horror) - Regional Winner + Best Image & Sound | Best Original Song | Best Actor | Best Director
2014 - A Boaring End (Film Within A Film) - Regional RunnerUp + Best Cinematography | Best Actor | Best Original Song | Audience Favourite

EdAish

in reply to Daggard:

Im really not too worried just voicing my opinion... it is a subjective sport. I compete in bodybuilding so I am very familiar with the varying opinions of judges. I have witnessed bodybuilding competitions (as a competitor and spectator) where the winner of a class seemed very obvious but was not reflected in the outcome. If anyone really has an issue best they stick to "First Over The Line" style sports : ) However I do like the ability to voice my thoughts on an open forum like this and I stick to my comments above. I know I am not the only one who has this opinion.

Did anyone find out what happened with the resolution of the films at the Hamilton final?

2011 - Well Strung (Musical) - Audience Favourite | Regional Winner | Grand Finalist | Best Actor | Best Original Music
2013 - Partners in Crime (Horror) - Regional Winner + Best Image & Sound | Best Original Song | Best Actor | Best Director
2014 - A Boaring End (Film Within A Film) - Regional RunnerUp + Best Cinematography | Best Actor | Best Original Song | Audience Favourite

EdAish

Unpredictable is one way to put it... I feel you should be able to get a fairly accurate reading say on the top 4... Going through the evening I wouldn't have had the winner in the top 6. They deserved praise for achieving solid animation in the timeframe and well produced music. Don't get me wrong it was good but IMO there were others that were far better, more cohesive films with a lot better storylines.

EdAish

Not 100% sure but should there be a Dunedin finalist film up in screening room yet?

Oops I will have to look into that...

EdAish

Hamilton Nominees

We were nominated for best editing (according to the above) but at the Hamilton finals we were not included in the list of nominees. Editing was a massive part of our short - an insane amount of time went into getting all the elements in place and polished. I hope it was just a case not being mentioned on the night not that we didn't get included in final decision for best editing.

EdAish

Not 100% sure but should there be a Dunedin finalist film up in screening room yet?

No, wild cards are not announced until Monday. I think the comment at the Hamilton final was that the film would be put forward for consideration as a wild card.

EdAish

Great night - had a fun road trip up from the Naki with a bunch of good friends.
The winner was definitely a surprise, after Whiff Takers got runner up I was expecting something like White Knuckles - "Cover to Cover" - Fantasy Adventure to take the win....

Anyone have any idea what was up with the picture quality - I was really disappointed it was far from Full HD - I think something must have gone seriously wrong during the process of editing them together...? at most was XVGA and the interlacing on one of the films was terrible (I thought one of the requirements was they they were supplied progressive this looked like it had the fields "burnt in").

Anyway great venue some awesome films - well done.

EdAish

Digital SLR's, What did you use?

I shot with Canon 5Dmkiii and 7D. Almost entirely with Sigma 50mm 1.4. A couple of shots with 10-20mm but 95% just with 50mm. Used zoom H4N and synced in final cut X - It was my first project in X - I make TV ads for TVNZ as my day job and haven't had the time to get into X so thought it was a good opportunity (a bit crazy in hindsight :) won't go back now love Final Cut X. Frustrated with old projects now feels antiquated going back to work with them. Still a few frustrations with X but overall a great step forward.

EdAish

Hamilton Nominees

in reply to Paul_Barlow:

Thanks heaps - look forward to meeting you on the 13th!

EdAish

Hamilton Nominees

Are there Nominees for Best Actors... Editing etc?

Well done EVERYONE!! Cant wait to see them all on the 13th...

EdAish

City Finalists?

in reply to HereForTheBeer:

I would like to know when Hamilton will be announced too please... : )

EdAish

HAMILTON AUDIENCE FAVOURITES

Would have loved to have made it to our heat last night! But work and distance made it impossible. GO RUBBER SOUL!

EdAish

Movie Posters

in reply to Rubber Soul:

Yea man thats how we roll - in the NP!

EdAish

Post a pic of your work station

Team Rubber Soul Taranaki:
Here is mine - ready to go - same as every day of the week : )

EdAish

So .. FCP X is in the Appstore

I wonder what the legality of installing fcp7 on extra systems would be now you can't buy it anymore. I think apple would have a hard time stopping you as they abandoned it completely...? I think they would have little issue with it especially if you had x installed also.