48HOURS Forum

NITRO
Since: Mar 2011

Feed for this Topic

The Mummy

Man it's been a long time since I've seen the Boris version of The Mummy - I think I wanna remake this one day.

When I have some money to make a movie with. And I won't have Brendan Fraser in it!

this sig intentionally left blank - youtube
sponsored by photogear and fueled by fuel espresso … just need a pizza sponsor now :D

Shifty
Since: Apr 2011

Just remember i did not say the time period over which that $10 would be paid. just saying it pays to read the fine print or if there isn't any assume that there is.

First of all a qango would have to be created to take charge of the organization of such pay out, obviously there would first have to be documented proof that the film at screening time had that name and although i accept the honesty of many proof would have to be obtained and verified by both a member of the judging panel and an independant witness like a JP.

Once the list of eligible teams had been compiled that would have to be put forward to another committee, the qango of course having had to be disolved so as to ensure there could be no conflict of interest arising.

Disolving the qango of course will take a considerable amount of time as procedures have to be put in place, the legal complexities are difficult but things must be correct.

the new committee will then have to first double check the findings of the qango, accepting on faith is all well and good but when my hard earned cash is at stake it is important to get these things right, obviously none of you would want to se my money awarded fraudulently.

Having completed that task, again a very time consuming process, a sub committee would have to be formed to debate the order of payment, by region, alphabetically or by a first in first served basis. The possibilities are endless and we'd want to make sure the payout is handled fairly.

Once they've reported back then it can be passed and handed on to a much smaller group who will be tasked with the handing out of the payments, note i said the handing out of the payments as no where in the offer was it stated that the recipients would have the money delivered to them, you want the prize you come and get it.

in order to be fair about this another committee will be formed to debate the length of time each successful recipient will have to pick up their due reward, let's face it, 1 day, 1 year just how long should I have to hang about wasting my time waiting for the pick up, it's a serious matter.

So as you can see there are indeed a lot of variables to be taken into account however in order to be fair, I'd like to think I'm fair I'll say this.

The first person who contacts me and says their film is called Just Saying goes to the top of the list and gets paid out instantly, everyone else must go through the required format laid out which may or may not change as any situtation seen or unforseen may arise. Shifty Inc will not be held legally liable to move more quickly on this matter than they feel fit.

Just saying. :)

2013 - Nimlin Productions - Full House - Obsessive Relationship Movie
2012 - Nimlin Productions - Hira's Tree - Urban Legend
2011 - Divide That By 9 - No Country For Fake Women - Crime
2010 - Off To The Accountant Films - The Meek Shall Inherit - Twin Movie - Regional Finalist

dramamike

Just someone from Oamaru to pull the old legal jingoistic approach.
Shifty place Oamaru.

2008 Luke Walker and the Golden Carrot William Shatner's Pants
2009 I love you this much Golden Carrot Films
2010 Fraternal Fabrication Golden Carrot Films
2011 Raptured Golden Carrot Films
2012 I Still Dream in Colour Nutbar Films
2013 Made Maid Nutbar Films City Finalist for POV Shot
2014 Confessions Nutbar, with a taste of Nimlin

nimlin

i don't know there might be a loophole i'm still in for $10

YouTube has my stuff

http://nz.youtube.com/nimlin

the coffee pixie has been freed! yay! all is good in the world. someone please save Nimlin!
Otaki is the centre of the universe!
(because Aunty Hira said so, and she should know)

Shifty

You realise of course Nimlin that as the writer I'll be the one eligible for the payout, so I'll be giving myself the money, though i suppose I could go halves in it with the provider, sorry not provider, the maker of the wonderful food on the menu. In fact she'd get the lot.

2010 - Off To The Accountant Films - The Meek Shall Inherit - Twin Movie - Regional Finalist

nimlin

i just reminded her about the lack of tubers in her menu and she swore and has made an amendment.mind you there is always the compulsory chips on the long journey northward

YouTube has my stuff

the coffee pixie has been freed! yay! all is good in the world. someone please save Nimlin!

Shifty

Okay call me dumb and a pie muncher but what the hell are tubers? Actually i'm not sure i wanna know.

nimlin

fuck me and i thought you were well read. as my dear old dad and his compost club friends used to talk about them and grow them all the time potatoes dear chap potatoes.

YouTube has my stuff

Shifty

Hmm, must be one of those strange northern terms, ohhh but spuds good old spuds you can never have too many spuds. (my Irish side coming out here) from hot mashed potato sandwiches dripping in butter to a newspaper steaming with vineger delights there is no such thing as a bad way to serve up spuds.
New genre
Spud flick.

treefrog

New Genre: Cooking Show.

2009-2013 The 48 Hours Dunedin City Manager, all-round film geek.
2008 - 'Oh! My Gucci Boots!' - Cats of a Feather - Director -*Best Costuming
2007 - 'ARC' - Schrodghers Cat - D.O.P.
2006 - 'Scarred-The Directors Cut' - Strange Attractor - Audience Favourite

Please login to post a reply.

or Login with Facebook